What's wrong with eating dog meat?
A Chinese animal lover consoles a dog after a convoy of trucks carrying some 500 dogs to be sold as meat, were stopped along a highway in Beijing on early April 17, 2011, and the dogs were later rescued to the China Animal Protection Association. There were about 58 million pet dogs in 20 major Chinese cities at the end of 2009 and the figure is rising about 30 percent each year, according to a survey, as pet owners in China spend an estimated two billion USD a year on their animals.
June 30th, 2011

What's wrong with eating dog meat?

By , Global Post

Barbecued dog and steamed paws?

These and so much more were to be had at this weekend's dog meat festival near Seoul.

Alas, it was not to be.

Animal rights activists put up such a stink that the organizers, from the Korea Dog Farmers' Association, said there was no way they could go through with the event.

"We couldn't possibly go on with the plan due to endless phone calls of complaint ... now there are few willing to rent us a place for the event," Ann Yong-Geun, a professor of nutrition at Chung Cheong University and an advisor to the association, told AFP.

Organizers of the festival had wanted to showcase the positive side of the dog meat industry in South Korea, where there are about 600 farms that raise dogs for meat, according to Ann.

Dog soup, or Boshintang, is a summer delicacy in South Korea, though the Wall Street Journal reports that it isn't as popular as the media would make it seem.

A minority of people eat it regularly. It’s consumed most frequently in summer but is available year-round. And it’s more popular with men than women and is said to possess qualities that "help stamina."

They were, for example, going to show videos of farms raising dogs under sanitary conditions — something, they will tell you, that would become a more ubiquitous practice were the industry legalized and regulated.

But for many activists, the humane treatment of the dogs is beside the point. To them, dogs are companions not a main course, end of story.

Read: North Korean propaganda.

The irony is that in South Korea, that wasn't really true until more recently. And even now, it's really only true in the city, where they raise "pet dogs," as opposed to "meat dogs."

As William Saletan wrote in Slate a few years back:

In the country, they raise "meat dogs," also known as "junk dogs" and "lower-grade" dogs. But you don't become a "lower-grade" dog by flunking an IQ test. You're just born in the wrong place. Then you're slaughtered and fed to a man who thinks he's humane because he pampers a Golden Retriever that has half your brains.

So, what's really wrong with eating dog? Just because we don't do it in the U.S. doesn't seem to make for a very good argument.

GlobalPost's Dog Meat Mafia series, delves into the seedy world of the booming dog meat industry in Southeast Asia.

Post by:
Topics: China • Culture • East Asia

« Previous entry
soundoff (2,494 Responses)
  1. Jack Dunatra

Dogs are friends who people can trust and reply on most in the most desperate times. They don't argue, they don't piss you off, they don't stab you on the back, they don't teach you and especially they are always good listeners and never betray you but guard and protect you when you are at sleep, listen to you whenever you want. They will be not jealous at you when you become rich, famous or success, but they cheer you up when you meet them. They never cheat you for anything, they never tell your secret when you cheat on your partners, your lover. They never demand you to spend anything on them...If you look for real friends, dogs are ones who you can count on. Dogs posses love for their friends treat you superior to them and never think of selling you off for anything. In-fact dogs have the greatest compassion and tolerance for their friends. They love their friends without conditions. So why should you eat such the best friends? Only those who have eyes but can't see, have ears but can't hear, have hearts but can't feel, have brain but can't think will eat their friends. As they only act in their basic nature, assimilate and fool them to lower kind of the least develop animal which materialize them to subject of greed, unloving animal kinds, survival instinct to satisfy their tongue, stomach.
    If you eat dogs, just think if you were thinking of what ingredient and spices you gonna buy to cook your best school friends tonight for your suppers. And be ready for that turn come to you when your friends get hungry.

July 2, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Reply
  2. jude

A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. All animals have a right to live just as we do. They are all sentient beings, capable of feeling connected to others of their own species and has been proven time and again, others as well. They were not put here to feed our fat butts, no matter how delicious you might think they are. EAT NO MEAT! "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were no more made for humans than black people were made for white people or women were made for men." – Alice Walker.

July 2, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Reply
  3. Wilhelm

Wanna get international support to stop it? Say it is a japanese tradition. Althought that is a lie, soon everyone would join hands and rally against it, even sponsoring a tv show and supporting international piracy (or terrorism) to stop it

July 2, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Reply
  4. SequoiaAdmirer

Bible say Dog is unclean for human to eat them! Dogs are for friends. Whoever eat the dog meat, they are low education and lack of morals! Not for only Jewish! But for all of us supposed not to eat dog meat period! God is very wise creator! God told us don't eat the unclean meat: dog, snake, shrimp, pig, frog, bear, lobster, eagle, rabbit, rat, cat, alligator, shark, elephane, horse..... ok to eat meat is: deer, turkey, chicken, fishes with scale and gills, cow, bafflo, quil, grasshopper, goat, sheep are clean meat. I can't understand why they look at them as clean or not clean as not aware. I refused to eat dog... this is so yuck! SUCKS....

July 2, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Reply
  5. AU

Americans hands off Asians' menu!
    Or how about this: Americans decide WHAT Asians should eat, and Asians decide HOW MUCH Americans should eat. Let's make it fair. If Americans think it's not OK killing for food, how do they think about killing to make themselves fat.

July 2, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Reply
  6. Karma

Only the evil, uneducated, and unclean eat dog meat. Eat dog meat and Bad Karma will get you. First by rotting your body through bad digestion, heart trouble, cancer and demenia.

July 2, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Reply
  7. Greg Gilbert

Just a fyi. Dogs in many of these other countries were not bred to be mans best friend and have a very different demeanor. I frequently have pet puppies in the Philippines that want nothing to do with being petted or messed with by a human.

July 3, 2011 at 12:13 am | Reply
  8. Karma

I wish I could save those poor dogs from evil human fangs!

July 3, 2011 at 12:40 am | Reply
  9. Freerange_ape

Funny how when we human refer to a total submissive human as "slave", treat it them with little respect and never as a man's best friend while we considered a "total obedient dogs" man's best friend. I do think we need to learn to treat each other before we tell other how unethical to those who eat gods, ooops, dogs, I meant. Tell you what, it's a jungle out there as usual.

July 3, 2011 at 12:51 am | Reply
    • bill

Uh, there's a hug difference between "each other" and our canine friends. Dogs are as innocent as human toddlers. "Each other" are corrupt and greedy and opinionated and arrogant and over-consuming and really not likeable.

July 3, 2011 at 1:04 am | Reply
  10. bill

Might as well eat kids on orphanages, too.

July 3, 2011 at 12:56 am | Reply
  11. Stephen G.

My father has 10 obnoxious dogs that are very vicious. I despise these dogs. I have came to the point to where I NEVER want to see another dog in my life. You cannot walk in our front or back yard without having to dodge the abundant piles of feces. Many are naturally vicious and potentially dangerous and deadly. I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want to associate with these scatological, excrement-feasting creatures. They stink, they slobber and drool disgusting saliva everywhere, licking, they get the wrong message when you pet them and insist upon raping you, your hand or your foot, they are loud and noisy, just disgusting and obnoxious as they can possibly be. I find them much more appropriate cleaned, cooked and served on a silver platter instead of causing trouble in my house or on my property. If anybody is hungry for dog, be my guest, there's 10 mutts here I've been trying to convince my dad to get rid of for 10 years.

July 3, 2011 at 1:10 am | Reply
    • spammerstakeahike

@Stephen G – let me see here, your dad has 10 dogs and some of them are aggressive. I understand you have had a bad experience, but your experience alone doesn't contribute to the discussion.

July 3, 2011 at 4:53 am | Reply
      • Stephen G.

I guess you didn't bother to read the rest where it said "they're more appropriate on a cleaned and cooked" and where I said "anybody hungry for dog, be my guest". SERIOUS inquiries only, quit wasting my time, fool. Looks like YOU ARE THE SPAMMER.

July 3, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
      • Stephen G.

and before you get into a troll's favorite argument of mechanics and semantics, forgive the typo, where "on a" is between 'appropriate' and 'cleaned'. Your idiocy doesn't contribute to this discussion. Point is... a dog is an animal, no better than a pig or a cow. i'd rather eat thoroughly cleaned and cooked dog instead of a cow. Idiot.

July 3, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
      • Stephen G.

and before you get into a troll's favorite argument of mechanics and semantics, forgive the typo, where "on a" is between 'appropriate' and 'cleaned'. Your idiocy doesn't contribute to this discussion. Point is... a dog is an animal, no better than a pig or a cow. If it's morally wrong to eat a dog, it's morally wrong to eat pigs and cows too. Idiot.

July 3, 2011 at 12:19 pm |
  12. Vegetarianism

i know its a dog eat dog world but how barbaric...DarWinning!

July 3, 2011 at 1:20 am | Reply
  13. Krehator

IF you are hungry enough, you will eat whatever it takes to live. We are just fortunate enough to afford the privilege to be picky.

July 3, 2011 at 1:38 am | Reply
  14. Anthrogirl

Cultural relativism: Look it up people.
    Just because in our culture it is not acceptable it does not make it wrong. Eating dog, scarification, female circumcision, etc.. all controversial but how can we judge when we do not belong to the cultures that practice these things?
    To some cultures eating cows is considered disgusting and morally wrong. Everything is relative.

July 3, 2011 at 2:30 am | Reply
    • mcv57

Anthrogirl,
      You sound very intelligent. Humanoid have feasted on other humans (particularly infants) in the early ages of man. Some of these Animal lovers should get an education in recent archaeological finds in Great Britain. Indeed, these Animal lovers should just shut-up or take action – a hunger strike. After about 2 weeks, let us see the human compassion then.

July 3, 2011 at 2:56 am | Reply
  15. Sam

Why is the world making fun of Hindu's beliefs of not eating cows ?

We are the only mammal drinking milk from another mammal.
    So what is wrong with Hindu's beliefs of not eating cow, as they consider it next to their mom ?

Why is the world makes jokes about that ?
    I guess monotheism promotes this ?

July 3, 2011 at 3:31 am | Reply
  16. Jin

First of all, I want to clarify something. Not every Korean eats dog. There are now more arguments surfacing against dog meat in Korea because dogs are now seen more as pets and very many Koreans have dogs as pets.
    Second, for those who commented that it was sick, wrong, disgusting, cruel, inhumane, and more I hope you guys are all vegetarians. If someone who is a vegetarian says eating ALL meat in general is cruel, then I can totally understand. For those of you who eat beef, pork, chicken, I don't think you have a right to say eating one form of meat is "wrong." Do you think cows and pigs are peacefully put to sleep and then killed? They are slaughtered alive, live very sad lives, and they know when they are being taken to be slaughtered because you can see the fear in their eyes. So unless you are a vegetarian, no one has a right to say you can eat one form of meat but not the other. And for those of you who are vegetarians, I really respect you because I have been trying but it is just so hard because I am so used to my lifestyle.

Although it is true that people, Americans in particular, are very sensitive to this issue because in the USA, dogs have the image of a man's best friend. However, this is not true in other parts of the world. Just 50-60 years ago, many parts of Asia did not have enough food. Many went hungry, and a lot of different animals were eaten. This eating custom can't change overnight. But with all the recent debates that this dog meat festival caused in Korea, I believe Korea is moving towards not eating dog meat. And more and more people have dogs as pets so I believe it is going somewhere.

July 3, 2011 at 3:39 am | Reply
    • spammerstakeahike

@Jin – It's true that cattle, chicken etc suffer extremely much too. Meat should be avoided as much as possible. However, this discussion is about dog meat. The argument that "since you eat beef, pork and chicken you can also eat dog meat." doesn't really hold up well. Numerous arguments
      against dog meat have already been repeated hundreds of times in this thread. Many countries where dog meat was part of their cuisine, now have banned the consumption.

It is true that dog meat sales are declining in Korea, that's why the Korean dog meat association wanted to have the dog meat festival in the first place. However, you should know that many dog(pet) owners seem to believe pet dogs and meat dogs should be distinguished. I hear even some pet owners eat dog meat, which is truly sick.

July 3, 2011 at 4:31 am | Reply
      • Stephen G.

Ah shut up with your P.C. parroting. OH.... I'm KOREAN TOO, BTW.

July 3, 2011 at 12:22 pm |
      • Jin

Yes I understand this discussion is about dog meat. Fine. If we are specifically talking about dog meat, I don't even see why this discussion needs to be on this CNN website in English. Why the heck should Americans care about what some Koreans choose to eat? There is enough discussion about dog meat that is going on in Korea these days so why does any other country feel the necessity to troll on other countries' eating habits? Why is it that dog meat stirs up this great discussion yet, July 4th, practically all my neighbors are out having the biggest barbeque of the year? I just don't see how those who eat other forms of meat has any right to troll here about how wrong it is to eat meat and how dogs are raised in these horrible conditions. Apparently, people must believe that cows and pigs are raised in five star hotels.

July 4, 2011 at 7:32 pm |
  17. Tony

I once did eat a dog during my trip in visiting my family in Vietnam. For those who say eating dog meat is wrong-–grow up. It's part of Asian culture, not Western culture.

July 3, 2011 at 4:18 am | Reply
    • spammerstakeahike

@Tony – do you agree that culture isn't static? Besides, your culture argument isn't really valid. Slavery, polygamy, children workers etc are really things that we all can live without.

July 3, 2011 at 9:25 am | Reply
  18. Tony

However, if I were to have a dog, I will never eat him.

July 3, 2011 at 4:21 am | Reply
  19. Joe

These dogs that are bred for meat are not your average beagle. They are big, mean brutes. They might be a guard dog in another society, here in Korea they are meat animals. My father-in-law raises cattle, pigs, sheep, rabbits, and dogs - all for food. He also keeps dogs as pets, but they might as well be a seperate species instead of just a different breed. The soup is ok – but I prefer the meat roasted over hot coals. If you are opposed to eating meat entirely, I can respect , though not understand, your disdain for the practice. If you are OK with eating beef, pork, chicken or snake, well, dog is just one more tasty option.

July 3, 2011 at 7:12 am | Reply

@Joe – I'm curious to know if the meat dogs your dad raise ;

1. Do some show signs of agressions? If so, why might that be?
      All Korean meat dog farm video clips I've seen, I'd say 99% of the dogs show no signs of aggressions whatsoever.

2. Are they being handled in a rough way? When they're ready for butchering, how are they forced out from their cages? If they try to bite, is it possible that the way they're being forced out is a way for them to defend themselves? Have you thought of that?

3. Your dad gives them food suitable (not darn fermented kimchi) for dogs?

4. Do they have access to clean water? Every day?

5. Are the dogs forced to see when their fellow companions are being violently forced out from their cages to be handed over to the dog trader?

6. Does your dad kill the dogs in front of the other dogs? If not, are they able to hear the to-be-killed dog screaming for help when they're dragged off to the slaughering area?

7. How are the dogs slaughtered? Beaten to death? Electrocution? Bludgeon them to death? A combination?

8. Does your dad take care of the piled up poo under the lifted wired cages everyday?

9. Why does your father encourage illegal activities? You know that boshintang restaurants are illegal don't you?

10. Who brainwashed you into believing pet dogs and meat dogs are different? How are the meat dogs different? They do not have the ability to feel, think and become a companion to Man? If you believe so, where is the evidence?

11. When you discover a sick dog, does your father provide them with medical care/attention?

12. Do you realize that not only "meat dogs" are being used in the dog meat industry? That stolen pets (I've heard firsthand accounts where pet dogs were lured into a truck by a dog trader who used bait) are frequently used, various breeds, big and small are used to produce either dog meat or dog-tonic?

13. Are you aware of there are dogs saving their masters' lives, detecting cancer, detecting drugs /contraband, helps sick people to recover, searches for catastrophe victims and so on? Is this our way to repay them by stuffing into wire cages and beat them/hang them to death in order for a select few Koreans to get a stiffier boner?

/an angry Korean

July 3, 2011 at 7:56 am | Reply
      • spammerstakeahike

Father in law, not father.

July 3, 2011 at 8:12 am |
  20. spammerstakeahike

@ Joe – you say the meat dogs are mean brutes. Where did you get that idea? I say size doesn't matter. Small dogs can be aggressive too but it all boils down to how you raise it. If you mistreat your dog, teach it to be aggressive you end up with a problematic dog. Same goes with our children.

The big yellow dog is a typical meat dog in Korea; it behaves like a typical pet dog to me :

July 3, 2011 at 7:37 am | Reply
  21. Joe

@spammerstakeahike I say that because I have two kids who love dogs and there is no way I am letting them near the dogs being raised for meat. You can argue that these dogs understand their fate and that is why they growl and snap at anything that approaches within 25 feet of them. My personal opinion is that it is their nature. Either way, my point is that these are not pets. Growing up around farm animals there were always those that had names and those that were destined for somebody's dinner table. I don't see any difference here.

July 3, 2011 at 7:47 am | Reply

@Joe –

Why the heck do you think your meat dogs growl? Dogs aren't stupid you know. Meat dogs know whom to trust. Obviously they don't trust your father (or you). Look at below video clip showing a typical dog farm in Korea. Observe how all dogs are friendly.

Try an experiment. Bring out a meat dog, treat it well and you'd do with your pet dogs. Put your pet dogs into the wired cages and abuse them as you'd do with the meat dog. Wait couple of weeks and tell me the results.

July 3, 2011 at 8:03 am | Reply
      • spammerstakeahike

@Joe – As a Korean I can't believe how some, otherwise reasonable people, in Korea belive in the stuff people with an agenda will tell you!
        Why are you so darn gullible?
        If some crazy professor says dog meat is good for depression, dog kidneys are good for your kidneys, dog bones will make you white hair turn black, dog meat protects women's private parts and other utterly weird and unscientific crap – why don't you even question the idiocy?

Have you ever honestly questioned the claim that meat dogs are different from pet dogs? Or is it more comfortable not to think?

July 3, 2011 at 8:11 am |
  22. Bob

Pigs are generally more intelligent than dogs and can connect quite closely with a human.

It's cultural, that's all.

July 3, 2011 at 8:05 am | Reply
  23. Joe

@spammertakeahike I don't put much (any) credit into the health claims that are associated with dog meat or any other product (eel, organ meats, etc.) It doesn't change my opinion that meat is meat. I don't condone canibalism, but other than that I am willing to try most food. I have always tried what was offered (with one exception – I couildn't bring myself to eat the boiled silk-worm larva) and have enjoyed much of it. Bunny rabbits are cute and adorable – they are alos tasty. Rattle snakes are not at all adorable to me, but they taste good too. Take the emotion out of the equation and meat is meat. I am also guilty of the emotional argument, after all, how else can I explain my aversion to canibalism?

July 3, 2011 at 8:28 am | Reply
    • spammerstakeahike

@Joe – For you meat is meat no matter its origin (except humans). Fine, it's nothing I can do to convince you to change your mind.

However, one cannot discuss dog meat without discussing the cruelty involved in the dog industry, from dog farms to transport to slaughering.
      Cruelty that isn't without a purpose. Cruelty that is deliberate.
      Would you agree that this cruelty has to stop?
      If you don't there's nothing else I can add to the discussion and I thank you for joining in.

If you agree that cruelty must go away – well, here's the truth; dogs cannot be raised in a humane way. They're pack animals. They need space. They instinctively put their trust to humans. All combined it means dogs aren't meant to be raised in farms well, unless you genetically alter the dog. Taiwan concluded that raising meat dogs in a humane way isn't possible so they banned the practice.

Is it worth eating a good dog steak even knowing that the dog has suffered? We're not talking about a swift death. More often than not, meat dogs in the rural areas in Korea are hung, bludgeoned to death. This meat tendering session could take 1-2 hours. Knowing this, and still insisting that dog meat is here to stay is nothing but ignorance and evil.

July 3, 2011 at 8:47 am | Reply
      • spammerstakeahike

Example of cruelty involved in the "meat quality enhancing" practice. The "meat dog" is hung by its neck and suffers for minutes before taken away for what looks like the final slaugther. The dogs adrenaline is supposed to enhance the meat quality.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lcZcEKMmzY&w=640&h=390]

July 3, 2011 at 8:52 am |
      • spammerstakeahike

Dogs don't have the ability to get rid of excess heat.
        They do it by panting which is not really effective. Read it up.

Cold water helps a lot but at dog farms in Korea, no water is given to them because they believe water will decrease the meat quality. They believe the food waste boiled in water is sufficient for them.

That alone is a long and cruel torture.

Ask your father-in-law, Joe, if you dare, how HE would feel being trapped inside an iron cage 24/7, no protection from the elements with NO access to water even during the hotter months of the year? And ask him if he thinks dogs don't feel thirst.

And you should note that your father-in-law is better equipped than dogs to manage the excess heat by sweating it out.

Any meat dog farmer not even providing the essential needs for his animals are nothing but animal abusers.

July 3, 2011 at 9:43 am |
      • zarnaik

All of this is totally true, but still. The statement stands.
        I'll take pigs as an example. Do you think pigs living in a cage, without any space to even turn around, enjoy themselves?
        They too are tortured. Being castrated without sedatives. Throats slit. Boiled while still conscious.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBR4FlrWVk4&w=560&h=349]
        [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvWt8gwa5zo&w=425&h=349]

All I'm trying to say is that meat is indeed meat. Every animal "produced" for the meat industry suffers.
        OF COURSE it is ethically wrong to eat meat. Unless you're vegetarian you simply have no say in these matters.

July 18, 2011 at 1:25 pm |
  24. Dallas Snell

There's nothing for a real Dog to hunt there anyway. !!! "Chow" down ???

July 3, 2011 at 8:34 am | Reply
  25. ihima

One man's food is another man's poison, so the saying goes, its 50-50, those who eats dog meat and those who does not.

July 3, 2011 at 9:02 am | Reply
  26. Alex Argerich

What's wrong with eating dog?

Well how about, for starters, the fact that human beings essentially created dogs, breeding them into existence. As a species, homo sapiens would not likely have survived without their canine hunting companions. Not just in SOME parts of the world, but EVERYWHERE – including China and Korea.

This isn't about cultural sensitivity or whether or not Korean people keep them as pets. This is about HONOR. Your ancestors created them. They hunted with your ancestors, went to war with your ancestors, bled and died with your ancestors. You're alive today because of them.

That, to me, earns them permanent immunity for the dinner table. Anything less is immoral – and making them suffer as they die for the quality of their meat is egregious.

July 3, 2011 at 9:13 am | Reply
    • spammerstakeahike

@Alex Argerich – very well said.

July 3, 2011 at 9:15 am | Reply
    • Jack

We also essentially "created" the modern day cow, pig, goat, and horse – to name a few species. And yet...we still eat them happily. Funny how that logic works, isn't it?

July 3, 2011 at 11:53 am | Reply
      • Alex Argerich

Yes Jack – funny how that works, especially given those useful bovine hunting skills during the homonid period when the human population was down to about 10K worldwide. I mean....a dog helping you hunt is one thing....but a cow or a pig helping you hunt....might as well just sit back and enjoy, right??

July 3, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
  27. Brandon

You guys haven't tasted anything until you've tried Doldogsea. It's a filleted baby seal stuffed inside a filleted dog, stuffed inside a dolphin. You should try it instead of a Turduken for your next Thanksgiving. Your guests will be talking about it for years. Scrumptious!!!!!!!

July 3, 2011 at 9:16 am | Reply
  28. Michael

Tastes like chicken

July 3, 2011 at 9:32 am | Reply
  29. spammerstakeahike

@Joe –

Dogs don't have the ability to get rid of excess heat in an effective way.
    They try to do it by panting which is not really effective.

They believe the food waste boiled in water is sufficient for them.

That alone is a long and cruel torture for the animals.

And you should note that your father-in-law is by nature better equipped than dogs to manage the excess heat by sweating it out.

Any meat dog farmer not even providing the essential needs, like water, food, shelter for his animals are nothing but animal abusers.

Where I live, if you short leash your dog outside for more than 4 hours, that's animal cruelty. If you don't them give water, food to them that's animal cruelty.

July 3, 2011 at 9:47 am | Reply
    • not you

really? so once you read one article, you get alll holy? take a look at dog mills here, instead of being eaten, their either cross bred with their birth parents or litter mates, or they die from starvation.

July 3, 2011 at 10:42 am | Reply

@not you –
        Please. I am fully aware about the evil puppy mill industry (both in the US and Asia) but that has nothing, I repeat nothing to do with current discussion. Or do you expect me to start the discussion by first mentioning puppy mills, cattle industry, killing of male chicks, veal, whale hunting etc and only after that start discussing meat dog? Get serious.

FYI, I have read more than one article on the dog meat issue. Trust me.

July 3, 2011 at 10:53 am |
  30. Willow

Seriously? Someone seriously has to ask this question in this day and age? Abusing anything is morally wrong, I don't care if it's an animal or a human being. The amount of abuse in that industry alone is deplorable.

July 3, 2011 at 9:48 am | Reply