Some staggering stats:
- The U.S. ranks last out of 19 developed countries in preventable deaths in hospitals.
- You are 33,000 times more likely to die from a hospital error than a plane crash.
- 1 in 5 patients in the U.S. suffer harm from medical errors.
- 7,000 people are killed each year by medication errors - giving the wrong pill or too much of the right pill.
- 1.7 million infections are contracted in the hospital each year.
Check out the full list of frightening stats in this powerful infographic:
Created by: Medical Billing and Coding. Hat tip to Chris Bodenner.