September 2nd, 2011

Has President Obama done a good job on the economy?

What would you like to hear President Obama say in his speech on the economy next week?

Post by:
Topics: Debate

« Previous entry
  1. j. von hettlingen

Out of myopic point of view, no! The country is in deep crisis and it'll take years to recover. But he had inherited the mess from his predecessor. So he has an excuse to encounter the critics. Whether he'll get another term depends on job prospects in the coming 12 months.

September 2, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Reply
  2. muhammad rahman raza

If you are Honest then with out Dotcom or Housing Bubble Economy is doing just fine. I went to a swimming pool. I heared the noise of automatic sprinklers going to put some water on the grass. My bank told me that I can open a free checking account with only $25.00 but the term is that I do not use their teller otherwise they will charge me $12.00 for that month. I pay all my bills by BILL PAY, it is not costing me any service fee from the bank or postage from the post office. In mid of 2009 I was to let go of my 31 years old JOB, at that time the co has about 20 workers in accounts payable, receiveable, credit, billing, computer and controller's office. When I started in 1978 the co has about 50 workers to finish the similar jobs. Some US army person was showing me a picture of BAR with pride, and the saying was "This is the first BAR in whole AFGHANISTAN". US is there for about 10 years now, they can stay 100 years but they can not win HEARTS and MIND of Afghans. I suggested to you and Obama that US should bring 1000, 10 year old kids each from Pakistan, Afhganistan and Now from Yamen to learn HOW TO RUN ACOUNTRY, This project will run for TEN years and cost will be about one billion dollars a year. There should be a 1% peace project tax. In the age of INTERNET, FACEBOOK, WIKILEAKS, TWITER, CNN, ALJAZEERA, ALARABIA, cell phones and other SOCIAL MEDIAS transprancy is a MUST. Honesty and HARD Work is the only answer to all of our oroblems.

September 4, 2011 at 2:07 am | Reply
  3. Jon

He's done a wonderful job...unemployment is at 9.1%, and the underemployed much higher....just this august the economy showed no growth and ZERO job hires...SO YEAH, he's doing a wonderful job according to msnbc, nytimes, wash post, abc, nbc, cbs, huffington....wonderful!

September 4, 2011 at 9:06 am | Reply
    • j. von hettlingen

Jon, you're right, Obama has done a wonderful job. Maybe somebody else succeeding him would do a much, much better one!

September 5, 2011 at 5:01 am | Reply
  4. walleye

HOW can Obama get ANYTHING done if the GOP has vowed to make him a one-term president? They do NOTHING to help the country get back on steady footing, and thwart him at anything he attempts.

September 6, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Reply
    • learning4eva

The party of NO by definition is not a positive party. For the last year, the tea party and other movements said Obama was TOO liberal and the liberals say he isn't democratic enough. So that must means he's bipartisan since no one is happy with him. I believe we need bipartisan legislation too get us out of this mess.

September 6, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Reply