April 7th, 2012

Quiz: Which U.S. state has the lowest unemployment?

How much do you know about the world? Test yourself. For more quizzes, click here.

Post by:
Topics: Quiz

« Previous entry
  1. richardmrozek

When it comes to unemployment it’s been a tale of two recessions, with level of education playing an unprecedented role in whether you’ve been pink slipped or not. Getting a degree from High Speed Universities is the only solution

April 7, 2012 at 1:02 am | Reply
  2. jal

4/10. I need to zip it for a week! lol

April 7, 2012 at 10:45 am | Reply
  3. John Walsh

The state of Byron Dorgan , Senator retired- the guy who wanted to import medicine to reduce costs ( you know the free market) is the answer.North Dakota is booming with shale gas exploraation. It is the test tube for fracking experimentation and it is also in the wind tunnel.

April 7, 2012 at 10:52 am | Reply
  4. SHIAZIM= EVIL

SHIAZIM= EVIL

BUL SH IT WE MUST ATTACK IRAN NOW, THOSE EVIL CULT EMPIRE OF SHIIA THUGS MUST END. WHEN WE GET RED OF SHIIA IRAN ALL THE OTHER MINOR EVIL LIKE HIZBOALLAH WILL FALL ALONG WITH SYRIA , KOFI ANAN IS NO BODY AND HE SHOULD NOT ALLOWED TO HELP SYRIAN THUGS AS HE IS BLACK, THE SHIIA WILL NEVER LISTEN TO BLACK THEY CONSIDER THEM LOW RACE AND INFERIOR HUMAN BEEN , THATS WHY THEY KILL KURDS, SUNNI AND OTHERS.

April 7, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Reply
    • martyinla

Hey big mouth are YOU ready to pay for your proposed war and show up on the front lines? I didn't think so...

April 9, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Reply
    • jim atmadison

You just go right ahead and tell them that at the recruiting office while you're there to enlist, SHI.

May 12, 2012 at 7:51 am | Reply
  5. ayala

OK Fareed! North Dakota has the lowest employment rate and the price of energy has dropped due to abundant shale gas in Eastern US. Obama did not do this? He won't even approve the Keystone pipeline! Those who explored and took chances with their money did this!

How about dealing with the other CNN story about the European debt crisis coming to the US? Obama is helping ruin us!

April 7, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Reply
    • Karen Zaharatos

When did government ever approve innovation? One time was when Grumman built the oil wells in the sand in the middle east which is kind of like the same lesson we are learning about cheap labor in China, and to prove we never learn a lesson when we learn it from Brazil. What do I know? You get what you pay for on a blog. Thank you Mr. Zakaria for bringing out us in the daylight.

April 8, 2012 at 11:21 am | Reply
      • martyinla

Karen, don't confuse this Fox watching uneducated fool with the facts. You'll confuse him.

April 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • Truth2012

They don't believe in science... They only care about the money... pollute, polite for greed...
      What ya going to do when the water runs out before your oil does...
      Keystone was a joke... all the refined product is destined for out of the US....
      Go back to Fox, have a Bud and remember don't sleep with relatives...

April 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Reply
    • Um excuse me

OMG. OMG. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!! So what you're saying is that in eight years, Bush built the country, and Obama ruined it in three-and-a-half. I guess that's what Fox must be reporting, so it must be right.

Ayala (you sound like a fereigner to me!!!), try, please just try, to use half of your brain. I think God will be ticked if you choose not to.

April 9, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Reply
    • Jimmy S

ayala, the company wanting to build the keystone pipeline commisioned a report that said it will RAISE gas prices.... Obama is to blame?

April 9, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Reply
  6. Karen Zaharatos

Greetings Mr. Zakaria, One cannot please everyone and that would be the definition of a fool. Thank you for your wisdom. I believe you were censored by comcast this morning here is south Florida when the young black women went into describing her different take on freedom. Picture was fine, just a loop played during her interview. Thanks again. Love Foreign Affairs Periodical although you are no longer the editor, sir, and of course your show. Note on natural gas – remember when gasoline was .17 cents a gallon. We live in a speculative cycle no different than the dictators of military rule when their cronies are also kept in power. Thanks for raising the bar.

f

April 8, 2012 at 11:00 am | Reply
  7. Agnes

Lew,Your statement "corporations not piayng taxes" as in ALL corporations not piayng taxes, as a response to my statement that SOME corporations do not pay any (or their share) of taxes, is bogus.Not that the statement is 100% bogus, but as a response to my question/argument, it is bogus.For example.Corporation A pays No taxesCorporation B pays X in taxesPerson P pays Y in taxes and buys no products from Corporation ANow person P and Corporation B are subsidizing Corporation A.So this blanket statement, that no corporation pays taxes, as a response to the unfair tax burden of some corporations versus otheres, is a bogus argument.I know that The Rich pay most of the taxes (Some of the Rich).This again, is not an answer to the fact that SOME corporations pay no or very little tax, while making enough money to pay astronomical salaries to top executives and even pay out to share holders.This is a result of loop holes, that have been lobbied into our tax system.This is what needs to be cleaned up. This is more important the the actual tax rate.Who benefits from having a lower tax on Capital Gains then on Income and Profit?Why does this make sense.I am not aruging actual rates here, just the fact there is a difference here that favors one class over another.If person P makes X dollars from wages, and person R makes X dollars from investments; why should person R pay a lower tax rate then person P on the same amount of money?This argument is completely independent of what the actual rates are. This is an argument about two people, making the same amount of money, one from working, one from investing, and one getting a larger tax burden then the other.EVERY argument I have heard in favor of keeping the lower capital gains tax rate, could be accomplished by having a lower tax rate on income/profit.I don't see our right to bear arms being under threat, I do not expect it to be taken away. But if anyone tries, I will fight on the side of letting people keep their arms.I don't even support Fairness Doctrine (I like it in concept, but I think it is impossible to be fair, or even know exactly what is fair, and feel that any effort to implement such fairness usually just makes things less fair.)I never claimed to be in favor of EVERYTHING Obama.Nor do I believe he will be able to implement everything he is in favor of.I am not in favor of closing off public lands, however there is a cost associated with keeping them open, if they are to be protected.Do you advocate that anyone can just go where they want on them? I don't know if we should allow this. I think that it is sad that the homeless have no place they can legally just camp, but at the same time I understand that there are hazzards associated with letting peole just use land for what they want. Where do we draw the line between freedom and protection of the resource?I don't know the exact answer.America was not founded under Marxism, nor was it founded as a Democracy. I have never claimed to be in favor of Marxism as a form of government. But I am not afraid of each little thing that someone decides to correlate with Marxism or Communism.If I were, I would be very much afraid of the Patriot Act.I would even be afraid of our tax system, and the Financial Bail out.I am in favor of a mixed model, a regulated capitalism. Regulations which bring the reality closer to Profit = Value added, I am in favor of.I believe that capitalism is failing, due to corruption.I believe the failures are also associated with "holes" that allow profit by manipulation instead of profit by value added. Regulations which close these holes, or reduce the ease of people creating them, I am in favor of. Of course I don't expect it to be perfect.I didn't demand any records ever written or dreamed of by Bush.What specific records were demanded? I don't recall this.I am not holding Obama to a lower standard then Bush at all. I am actually holding him to a higher standard. But I am not expecting perfection. I don't see him as the cure-all solution by any means. But I do see him as a better leader then McCain, and someone who is learning and applying, at a very quick rate.

April 21, 2012 at 8:52 am | Reply