May 14th, 2012

Hollande's pragmatism vs. Sarkozy's

"[Hollande] is part of France's political establishment, in a sense, rather more than Sarkozy was. ... He's a pragmatist."

Fareed Zakaria talks with British Labour Party politician Peter Mandelson about France's new leader, Francois Hollande. Watch more of Mandelson's take in this web exclusive from this week's "Fareed Zakaria GPS" show.

Post by:
Topics: France • Politics

1. JAL

Only god is pragmatic.

May 14, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Reply
    • ✠ RZ ✠

JAL, my experience is that it is usually ok for us mere mortals to speak our minds, but always better to let authority speak for itself.

May 14, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Reply
      • JAL

I don’t mean to offend here. To me, pragmatism leads to a belief in god. This concept is a great philosophical tool that justifies my belief in god. My brain always goes in this direction, when I hear this term. Thanks.

May 15, 2012 at 9:19 am |
      • JAL

Remember those 3d pictures that, when you stared at the reflection through the glass, a 3d image presented itself? I needed instruction and practice before I could see the dinosaurs or the space shuttle. After I could see it once, I could see all of them.

May 15, 2012 at 9:30 am |
  2. j. von hettlingen

True, Francois Hollande is a pramatist and Sarkzy an opportunist, who is quick to change course and go with the current. Had he not engaged himself in favouritism and cronyism, people might have tolerated him more and let him stay. Hollande's integrity sofar is intact. Sarkozy had failed to deliver what he had promised and it's also doubtful if Hollande can deliver much of what he has promised

May 15, 2012 at 4:21 am | Reply
  3. (New HOT DOWNLOADS RANGING FROM MP4/3GP QUALITY, CHECK IT OUT! NOTE:18 @ nextmobs.com

NEW MOBILE VIDEOS, FRIENDS CHECK THIS OUT FOR