July 14th, 2012

Quiz: Which country's leader gives away houses on live TV?

How much do you know about the world? Test yourself on these events in the news this week and more in the quiz above.

And check out some of the past weeks' quizzes.

Topics: Quiz

1. lesterlopeznieves

Why does CNN, specially Ali Velshi, keep claiming that people who want socialism are free loaders. We can have a wonderful socialistic democracy by paying taxes that we can see working.

July 14, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Reply
    • JAL

Good points for sure. I think we want to see that extra bump in the lifestyle every so often. Nothing like the progressive euphoria that comes from "movin on up".

July 14, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Reply
    • max3333444555

nobody should want socialism. the lower middle class does not improve in a socialist society and the opportunities for moving up, without political connections (which they dont have) are very limited. in a free market you can start a business, invest in property and move your family ahead financially.

July 17, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Reply
      • nina

Max – which madrassah did you attend. Your education is deeply lacking. Contrary to what you have said, all classes are served in a socialist society. The people get adequate food and health care ensuring a continuing strong work force.

July 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
      • lesterlopeznieves

How do you know that? There are things in life that cannot or should not be subject for profit

June 19, 2013 at 10:20 am |
  2. Hector Cruz

Hello, I always enjoy your show and you are the only one that mentioned briefly that the United States in acting afraid in it's policies concerning immigration to the point that many innocent people suffer. People who file and pay their fees properly and then are subject to unbelievable scrutiny mostly by the Consulate's abroad. I wonder how many people die waiting for their application to be processed. When they joined Homeland Security with Immigration and Naturalization it became worse.My point is ,why complain about illegal immigrants in this country when there is no valid process as far as I am concerned. I have waited 2 years because my fiancee did not answer some questions to their liking in Hong Kong. She is a Filipino National so I guess their is no love lost there. Anyway , I wanted to commend you as being the only one to address this issue. Also, to end slavery sometimes requires people to come to America.

July 15, 2012 at 7:24 am | Reply
  3. Lewis Samuel

I think fareed zakaria should not bring back kudlow in his shows as all he is interested in is hearing his own voice.

July 15, 2012 at 10:36 am | Reply
  4. Lars Olavson

A team of five economists at Zakaria's round table think investment will drive consumer spending, which is 70% of our economy????? This is simply crazy, consumer spending drives investment, which is all headed to Asia. Then they pretend the real estate market has bottomed out????? Offshoring, a complete failure to address financial abuses and crimes which destroyed our economy are our central problems and have not been fixed. Jobs are the only path to recovery, but Corporations and Government remain committed to lowering wages without considering the long term consequences of such policies. Kudlow's interpretations are utterly preposterous, just another shill for Corporate propaganda.

July 15, 2012 at 11:57 am | Reply
  5. JAL

______________________________
    ______________________
    _____________
    _______
    __ <–event horizon

July 15, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Reply
    • JAL

Nothing escapes, especially not the gauge bozos! lol

July 15, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Reply
  6. JAL

Fareed, I think you are great, but please stop saying, "at the end of the day." I tivo every Sunday and I will give myself a bonus point on the weekly quiz, if you say it. This weeks quiz was 8+1=9/10 questions correct! My new record!

July 15, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Reply
  7. Dr. Justin Kleaveland

I enjoy Gps on Sunday morning, but when participants interrupt each other none are understandable. Please encourage the guests to avoid talking over each other. When that happens I go to another station. Thanks

July 15, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Reply
    • AlexandertheGreat

Do you have a B.S. in communication?

July 16, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Reply
  8. JAL

What mass would observe our earth as a singularity with an event horizon? Is this significant to the smallest form of life on our planet?

July 15, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Reply