August 4th, 2014

Shapiro : U.S. still committed to ending violence

Watch "Fareed Zakaria GPS," Sundays at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET on CNN

The U.S. ambassador to Israel Daniel Shapiro offers his take on the prospects for a cease-fire in Gaza, U.S.-relations with Israel, and whether Qatar can be seen as a reliable partner in trying to secure an end to the violence.

Watch the video for the full interview.

Post by:
Topics: GPS Show

« Previous entry
  1. chri§§y

Well we would never guess it! Especially with the latest news from the romper room misfits last day in session! What makes these idiots think its acceptable to keep giving our hard earned tax dollars to these murdering jackals??? Its not their personal bank account...even though they act as if it is!

August 4, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Reply
    • Thinker23

Well, this is how we humans live in this planet... We're organized in states. States are ruled by governments. Governments have budgets. They need money to spend and they get money from various taxes.

Maybe, on YOUR planet it is different, chri$$y...

August 4, 2014 at 4:30 pm | Reply
  2. palintwit

Heebie-jeebies !
    Heebie-jeebies !
    Sarah Palin gives me the heebie-jeebies !

August 4, 2014 at 1:31 pm | Reply
    • So True

Stay away from her. She would probably give you more than that if you get too close. Like a shrunken brain. She probably thinks Ebola is a new vehicle from General Motors.

August 5, 2014 at 2:05 pm | Reply
  3. dr. abdu halakamir harper M.D. E.

AMERICANZ ARE VERY BAD PEOPLE
    I NOT LIKE

August 4, 2014 at 4:56 pm | Reply
  4. dr. abdu halakamir harper M.D. E.

Y OU STOP ETING NACOS AND CHEERSE AND DRINKING BEER
    YOU ARE KILLING YOURE HART

August 4, 2014 at 5:00 pm | Reply
  5. dr. abdu halakamir harper M.D. E.

FOODS THAT KILL ARE NACHOS PIZZA EGG YOLKS FRID POTATOS AND MANY MORE THINGS

August 4, 2014 at 5:02 pm | Reply
  6. dr. abdu halakamir harper M.D. E.

NACOS CHEEZ KILLS
    PIZZA KILLS
    SODIUM KILLS
    SIGAR KILLS
    BREAD KILLS
    WHIT FLOER KILLS
    EAT RITE PLEAZE OR I CANNOT HELP YOU

August 4, 2014 at 5:08 pm | Reply
  7. Ferhat Balkan

I wonder.. Where are the sanctions against Israel?

August 4, 2014 at 5:15 pm | Reply
  8. chri§§y

Yea me too @ Ferhat..BUT on Thinker23s planet we would probably volunteer to pay those also! Is that planet called "stupidity" @ Thinker23?

August 4, 2014 at 5:38 pm | Reply
    • Ferhat Balkan

Indeed chri§§y, this great 'ally' of the US that sucks up $3bln a year going towards military spending uses those same weapons to bomb women and children, UN shelters and hospitals on a daily basis in Gaza. Then Netanyahu had the audacity to say this to Kerry: "not to ever second guess me again". Israel blames Hamas to be a terrorist organization, but what Israel does to the Palestinians is nothing short of being a terrorist act. 47 years of oppression, subjugation, dehumanization against the Palestinian people, yet when someone says anything against Israel it's called "antisemitic". As long as Netanyahu's right wing government is in power, Israel is a terrorist state.

August 4, 2014 at 7:04 pm | Reply
  9. deniz boro

Got one of your CNN-INT surveys again. Asks me the name of the programs I watch. Frankly I do not reserve that much neurons to remember the "name of the program" or "the name of the presenter". I just open CNN and watch. I do not give a s... to the name. However I do mid the content. Been laying low and not writing here till better weather. How can CNN survey team be so GREEN?

August 4, 2014 at 5:55 pm | Reply
    • Ferhat Balkan

Welcome back Deniz🙂

August 4, 2014 at 7:04 pm | Reply
  10. dr. abdu halakamir harper M.D. E.

SHOW ME YOURE SHOPING CART AND I WILL TELL YOU YOUR VITALS AND WHEN YOU WILL DIE

August 4, 2014 at 6:14 pm | Reply
  11. chri§§y

EXACTLY @ Ferhat...and ya know, i dont care how people want to label me for thinking only the spawn of satan wilfully kills children! If because im against THAT makes me antisemitic, so be it! And those are NOT acts that should be justified to be committed by the people of the "Holy land" !

August 4, 2014 at 7:17 pm | Reply
  12. dr. abdu halakamir harper M.D. E.

FEERHART FROZEN PIZZA RED MEET BEER CHEEPS
    GOOD LUC K

August 4, 2014 at 7:17 pm | Reply
  13. 100 % ETHIO

Is it really a DANGEROUS TIME!?

August 4, 2014 at 10:05 pm | Reply
  14. BOMBO

SARCASM ALERT*** Boy I can hardly wait for Israel to pull out of Gaza and open the borders. Then Hamas will stop firing rockets and committing suicide attacks and no one will ever die another violent death in the middle east because we all know it's all Israel's fault. Including what's happening in Syria, Iraq and Libya.

August 4, 2014 at 10:57 pm | Reply
  15. BOMBO

As a Canadian, I can't tell you how to spend US tax dollars, but I am certainly pleased that my government in Canada is supporting the only democracy in the ME. I just wish we were doing more to help.

August 4, 2014 at 10:59 pm | Reply
  16. BOMBO

There are more Arabs voting in free multi party elections in Israel than in all Arab League nations combined.

August 4, 2014 at 11:01 pm | Reply
  17. Non-reliable USA

USA is playing it wrong with faulty partners that are not in the NATO alliance. USA betrayed many NATO countries with shadow faulty hidden undercover connections with non-NATO Asian countries, especially the non-eligible US-S.Korea Military collaboration was 'knife in the back' for some NATO countries. First, USA needs to clean Washington DC and should get a new compass.

August 5, 2014 at 3:51 am | Reply
  18. Ferhat Balkan

I too feel that the United States has played it wrong with some faulty partners. This whole situation could be remedied by meeting at an Asian Pizza Hut and eating a pepperoni pizza.

August 5, 2014 at 4:21 am | Reply
  19. BOMBO

Yes. I too feel that a visit to a Pizza Hut will truly be nice. Might I suggest a large thin and crispy pepperoni pizza, crust? You'll love it. We love it here in Ontario.
    Ay!

.at thinker23. Ay

August 5, 2014 at 4:29 am | Reply
  23. chri§§y

@BOMBO, ay. Lol

August 5, 2014 at 4:32 am | Reply
  24. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©

I'm not sure, but it's possible that I have never been to a Pizza Hut.
    If I have been in one, it would have been during 1972, when I was very overworked and grabbing any fast nourishment to keep moving.
    I'm not sure that Pizza Huts existed back then.

August 5, 2014 at 8:47 am | Reply
    • banasy©

They have been serving awful pizza since 1958, JIF.

August 5, 2014 at 11:40 am | Reply
  25. chri§§y

Lol @ Joey thats ok me either! Much as the derp ass troll would like to pretend we all go there....hes wrong! Good morning also!

August 5, 2014 at 9:22 am | Reply
  26. bobcat2u

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast to her brunette head.

She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?" Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white."

The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said,"Momma, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"

August 5, 2014 at 1:50 pm | Reply