September 20th, 2014

Clinton: Turnout key to Democrats holding Senate

Fareed speaks with former U.S. President Bill Clinton about the Democratic Party’s prospects in this year’s midterm elections. Watch the full interview on "Fareed Zakaria GPS," this Sunday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET on CNN.

I've got to ask you about some politics. Are the Democrats going to hold the Senate?

I think so, but it's going to be close. And it depends, frankly, on whether we can continue to match the money provided by all these outside groups. I think the Koch brothers are going to spend about $300 million in the last couple of months. And it depends on who turns out.  We have got somehow, sooner or later, to convince the people that to vote in presidential elections for our side they have to vote in the Congressional elections. And if they don't, they can't complain when they lose governorships, state legislators and members of Congress and the senators who happen to be up in that year.

We've got a lot more senators up this year than the Republicans do. And we have them up in states that President Obama did not carry in 2012. But they're running great campaigns and we seem to be doing reasonably well.  But if you look at all these polls, which are all over the place…that is the real question in polling today, is the sample you pick based on who you think will vote. And the answer to that is, no one knows. So if we can get our turnout up, we'll be fine and they'll hold the Senate.

Post by:
Topics: GPS Show

« Previous entry
  1. chri§§y

Lol i wasnt sure if it was him or Humphrey. And why are you calling me lachrissy?

September 20, 2014 at 11:26 pm | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini©

La Divina.
      La Stupenda.
      It sounds like a party of opera buffs.
      "Oh, Montserrat's going to float!"

September 21, 2014 at 7:18 pm | Reply
  2. Rupert

Why anyone would ever call you LaChrissy, I do not know.

September 21, 2014 at 3:55 pm | Reply
  3. chri§§y

Really? Why would YOU? Because you did...were you insinuating i was labella? Even though our avatars are different? I do consider it a complement though because she is very witty! Lol

September 21, 2014 at 6:56 pm | Reply
  4. rupert

Banasy is the master of all trolls. She borrows a family computer to play the part of LaBella. Thus, a different icon.I can detect her personality in every post.
    "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but u can't fool all of the people all of the time."
    Rupert Lincoln, 9/21/14

September 21, 2014 at 9:21 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

Well, no, Rupert. As you yourself say, "trying to stir up the waters?"

September 22, 2014 at 10:18 am | Reply
  5. chri§§y

Lol @ rupert...now whos the master thief? Shame on you AGAIN!

September 21, 2014 at 9:30 pm | Reply
  6. chri§§y

And its "please" all of the people not FOOL.

September 21, 2014 at 9:32 pm | Reply
  7. chri§§y

Oh and @ rupert banasy and labella are not the same person ya loon! When have you heard banasy sing all day?

September 21, 2014 at 10:25 pm | Reply
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©

At first, I shared @ ruprert's theory that @ banasy writes the @ LaBella posts.
    It is in the extremes of LaBella's quick mood changes and flashes of clear mentation that I doubt the theory. @ banasy is always logical and reserved when she writes as herself. @ LaBella blurts anything that she thinks will be deemed clever by readers. At times, she is clever.
    There is a cultural gap between banasy's experience and that of LaBella. It appears to be related to environmental association and LaBella's time disenfranchisement. For example, @ banasy would not have sung out, in her own voice, LaBella's Draining of Life in Ferguson aria.
    It is possible, however, that @ banasy is simply more creative of characters than I had thought. @ banasy is a trained writer, while @ LaBella just lets go and writes "naturally."
    It is not possible that the character now created as @ LaBella could have created an @ banasy: banasy is too formidable.

September 22, 2014 at 4:28 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini©

If @ banasy be @ LaBella, then let Joey never forget his dismissal from LaBella's existence, "it's time for you to go."

September 22, 2014 at 4:47 am | Reply
    • banasy©

Thanks...I guess?

September 22, 2014 at 10:21 am | Reply
      • Joey Isotta-Fraschini©

I can't discern @ banasy's identy easily by her avatar.
        @ banasy could have written that post, urging by the tersr, clever style.
        @ banasy should know that I respect her enormously.

September 22, 2014 at 10:39 am |
      • Joey Isotta-Fraschini©

"Judging by," not "urging by"

September 22, 2014 at 10:41 am |
      • banasy©

It is I, JIF. The feeling is mutual.

I don't tend to come here much; I do not have the patience you posess when dealing with the daily problem of name jacking.

September 22, 2014 at 10:50 am |
      • Joey Isotta-Fraschini©

@ The Sovereign,
        Now there's an idea1
        I shall open a lecture course in Patience Perfected and charge a lot of tuition for it.
        I learned a lot of patience practicing the piano all day as a kid, and then dealing with prima donnas, some of who actually got called by nicknames beginning with "La."

September 22, 2014 at 11:44 am |
      • banasy©

You have a good memory, JIF.
        My granddaughter asked me my given name the other day and I replied, "you may call me YRM."

She's 3. Too soon?

September 22, 2014 at 12:18 pm |
  9. chri§§y

Please do @ Joey! I would like to enroll in THAT class! And not just to have patience with "diva's" because i dont think several classes could teach me that lol. I had a roomate recently that was a diva queen! I cannot tolerate that much drama and i did try...i ended up having to evict her after 2 months! But i DO have a tremendous amount of patience with children...thanks to the Good Lord gifting me with my son!!! I still have a long way to go with patience with adults tho! Sign me up please! 😉

September 22, 2014 at 1:54 pm | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini©

@ chrissy,
      Will that be MC or Visa? We don't take American Express because they wanted to know about our accreditation.
      After we receive your payment for tuition, we shall post our class schedule on FOX News.

September 22, 2014 at 5:34 pm | Reply
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©

A Donna,
    I hope that you tell your granddaughter why that's one of your names here. She should have a chance to get all of the good stuff that you have.

"Head Start."

September 22, 2014 at 5:25 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

JIF,
      She gets all the best I have to offer.
      She'll know one day.

She attends Montessori. She'll continue.

September 22, 2014 at 7:14 pm | Reply
  11. chri§§y

Lol cute @ Joey...but i dont read faux news.

September 22, 2014 at 6:26 pm | Reply