October 7th, 2014

Mexico's president talks reform and the immigration debate

Fareed speaks with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto about the legalization marijuana in parts of the United States, structural reforms in Mexico and the immigration debate in the United States. Watch the video for the full interview.

You know, in the United States, when people think about Mexico, still it is immigration that dominates the way they think about it. What do you think when you hear the debate about immigration in Washington?

First of all, I think that the relationship between Mexico and the United States is a lot broader, and sometimes it would be surprising to know the many details of the relationship – the number of daily crossings, legal crossings, every day. About a million people every day, people coming and going from one country to the other, because of work and trade and the trade level that we have, which is so broad, which we will probably talk about.

But when you hear some of the anti-immigrant language, the rhetoric, do you think it's racist?

I think it's discriminatory, yes. And I think it's unfortunate for a country whose formation and historic origin relies so much on the migration flows of many parts of Europe, Asia, for instance. I think this is a country whose origin, to a great extent, is one of migration. And that's why it's unfortunate to hear this exclusionary and discriminatory tone regarding the migration flows into the United States.

Post by:
Topics: GPS Show • Latin America

1. rupert

I'm feeling blue, oh sooo bluuuuue

October 8, 2014 at 9:57 am | Reply
    • rupert

Bcoz Modi did not show up today to butt f ukk me. So i had to call in Pedro Manuel.

October 8, 2014 at 10:02 am | Reply
  2. chri§§y

WHAT is you guys infatuation with raype? Damn ya sickos!

October 8, 2014 at 10:06 am | Reply
  3. rupert

Sadly Manuel was sick. So Ajay gave me a B.J instead.
    Ajay has pretty lips.

October 8, 2014 at 10:06 am | Reply
    • rupert

Then again I love to be butt f ukked by Pedro.

October 8, 2014 at 10:25 am | Reply
  4. Ajay

That's true. I was called at the last minute. I am reliable and have smooth lips for the job

October 8, 2014 at 10:09 am | Reply
  5. Ajay

Meantime a woman in India is getting rayped every 2.5 seconds.

October 8, 2014 at 10:11 am | Reply
  6. Ajay

I asked rupert to be my boyfriend. I truly love him very much. I get a warm feeling in my chest when I am with him. He said he needed time to think about it.

October 8, 2014 at 10:13 am | Reply
    • rupert

You hindus have a nasty BO. Will you lick clean by a zz, with your tongue? Hindu boy

October 8, 2014 at 10:24 am | Reply
  7. rupert

Ahhhh, Ajay. How sweet

October 8, 2014 at 10:15 am | Reply
    • rupert

Nothing like a good d ik up your a zz.

October 8, 2014 at 10:26 am | Reply
  8. chri§§y

Wow. Ajay and rupert..a gay marriage ? I guess Modi will be the best man.

October 8, 2014 at 10:17 am | Reply
    • chri§§y

Hey I am looking to get laid also.

October 8, 2014 at 10:32 am | Reply
  9. rupert

500,000 girls in Mumbai, India had abortion last year. Of these, 65% were under age 15. Also, more than half of them were raype victims. Ton of b@st@rds in India.

October 8, 2014 at 10:20 am | Reply
  10. rupert

I am all for toilets.

India continues to be the country with the highest number of people (1.1 billion) defecating in the open. Nearly 1.5 billion people worldwide defecate in the open and 82% of them live in just 10 countries, says a report jointly prepared by the WHO and the Unicef. Nigeria is close second to India.

October 8, 2014 at 10:22 am | Reply
  11. rupert

B@$tards! They have no law there

October 8, 2014 at 10:24 am | Reply
    • rupert

But I love being butt f ukked by amigos.

October 8, 2014 at 10:27 am | Reply
  12. chri§§y

Oooops I forgot my pills last night. Morning after. My pit bull did me in.

October 8, 2014 at 10:31 am | Reply
  13. rupert

Mumbai, India has a population of 12 million people.
    Raype statistics for Jan to Mar 2014 of girls was 885 reported cases.
    So no, I do not believe that can jump to 500,000 cases by year's end.
    Keep posting your lies. Have fun, pretty boy.
    Use my name all u want.
    (Kiss)

October 8, 2014 at 10:34 am | Reply
    • chri§§y

:::20% of women or 140 million women have been gang rayped in India

:::60% of men or 420 million men in India think that rayping and burning wife alive for dowry by spraying kerosene and lighting her up is acceptable.

:::Only 1% of raypes in India are reported.

:::There is a raype every 2 seconds in India

October 8, 2014 at 10:41 am | Reply
    • chri§§y

Ahhhh your lies again. Abortions and raypes are most times mutually exclusive. Plus you missed "000" in your statistics!
      Therefore, stop lying and being an apologist for hindus. BTW how is the weather in Bang-a-lore?

October 8, 2014 at 10:50 am | Reply
  14. chri§§y

Apparently, Modi has been assassinated and his balls cut off and on display in the Golden Temple in Amritsar on top of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

His head has been beheaded and sent to Talibans while his body was hung by Shiv Sena from the Vashi Bridge in Bombay.

October 8, 2014 at 10:39 am | Reply
  15. chri§§y

The last 5 posts under my name were NOT ME! Knock it off already! Youve already guaranteed that this blog will be shut down within a month, so mission accomplished right? Idiot!

October 8, 2014 at 10:49 am | Reply
    • chri§§y

Sorry folks. It is the side effects of morning after. My bad. Scratch my last post.

October 8, 2014 at 10:52 am | Reply
  16. chri§§y

NEW DELHI: The number of foreign women visiting India has dropped by 55 per cent in the past three months following a spate of s ex attacks that have made global headlines, a new survey has found.

The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) says overall tourist arrivals are down 50 per cent year-on-year, with holidaymakers opting instead to visit other Asian countries such as Malaysia and Thailand.

October 8, 2014 at 10:52 am | Reply
  17. chri§§y

Ah i finally figured you out roem...no self respecting woman will have anything to do with you. And given the fact that most men would s c r e w a snake if someone held it for him, youve taken to trolling here in search of some! And what better way to initiate the conversation than to keep talking about India because of the common knowledge of the high number of ray pes in that country! Hows that working for you btw? Idiot!

October 8, 2014 at 10:57 am | Reply
  18. chri§§y

Lmao not me @ 10:50 and the TWO??? Posts @ 10:52.

October 8, 2014 at 10:59 am | Reply
  19. chri§§y

You can steal my name but you cant steal my Avatar ya moron!

October 8, 2014 at 11:01 am | Reply
    • chri§§y

Well someone did steal my virginity, matter of fact.

October 8, 2014 at 11:13 am | Reply
  20. chri§§y

Then again it is all about human rights. My bad.

It took Putin of Russia a week to hold plebiscite in Crimea. India has not been able to accomplish this in 70 years in Indian Occupied Kashmir. YES, 70 YEARS !! RUB YOUR EYES !!!

Scotland held its plebiscite in a day !!!

The concept is no different than what we Americans are doing in Puerto Rico. Let the people decide their fate. This is what democracy is all about.

Unlike what hindoos did in Indian Occupied Kashmir, we Americans didn't send in the Army to Puerto Rico to occupy it and raype the people.

October 8, 2014 at 11:05 am | Reply
  21. chri§§y

Not me @ 11:05 either but have a great day jack a s s! Asta la vista!

October 8, 2014 at 11:13 am | Reply
  22. chri§§y

The Khmer Rouge trial and guilty verdict sends a loud and clear message to all those leaders who undertook genocides. Payback time.

It is time to stand up Modi of India and send him to The Hague to face trial of murders and genocides in Gujarat et al, India ..... committed against the minorities.

We shall never forget.

October 8, 2014 at 11:28 am | Reply

• Oh, fu>b>ck off you psycho name stealing asshole. Die already.

October 8, 2014 at 11:50 am | Reply
      • chri§§y

Excuse me but these forums are for ideas and debates NOT abuses.

Modi reminds me of Pol Pot. Not for his looks but for murders and genocides. One a Khmer Rouge and the other BJP. Both terrorists.

October 8, 2014 at 11:53 am |
      • rupert

ROTFLMAO. did u hear that, chrissy troll? "F" off and die already.
        Soooo funny and hilarious!

October 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm |
  23. rupert

Psycho name stealing a hole. Haaaaa.
    U are weird, Ajay. Love ya anyway. I will try to be here tonight.
    Bye psycho name stealing a hole. Lol
    Don't disappear like Linda

October 8, 2014 at 12:35 pm | Reply
  24. rupert

Ja.ckas.s. Lol lol

October 8, 2014 at 12:36 pm | Reply
  25. «RZ»

I am gay. I like young German men

October 8, 2014 at 1:09 pm | Reply
  26. Ajay

I am so near sighted that I can't pass the state eye test.
    I want to give rupert a B\J. Maybe after I swallow, the minerals in my bloodstream will go to my optic nerve and help me see better. 20/20?

October 8, 2014 at 1:12 pm | Reply
  27. Ajay

I have swallowed rupert's se men before. Darn it's sooooo sweet. I will get my DL yet.

October 8, 2014 at 1:15 pm | Reply
  28. Ajay

I love to eat at Steak and Shake. I recommend the triple burger with cheese. Only $3.99. Comes with fries.
    I'm loving it

October 8, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Reply
  29. rupert

@Ajay. Hi pretty boy.

October 8, 2014 at 1:31 pm | Reply
  30. Ajay

I love to swallow. Man juice has lots of protein

October 8, 2014 at 1:33 pm | Reply