October 14th, 2014

What I'm reading: How Germany managed to abolish university tuition fees

By Fareed Zakaria

“Despite the fact that competition for funding and accountability has increased in German higher education, there is still a general consensus that it is a public system and should be state-funded,” writes Barbara Kehm in the New Statesman. “The abolition of tuition fees, even by conservative state governments, reflects this consensus too. In fact, the new Federal Minister for Education and Research, a member of the Conservative Party, recently announced a major increase in the levels of needs-based state financial assistance to students that will start in the 2016-17 academic year.”

“There’s plenty of evidence that we are pushing up against and exceeding several critical boundaries of global sustainability: by which I don’t mean some tree hugging idea of sustainability, I mean we are taking actions that cannot be supported by the earth’s systems in the long term,” writes Warwick Smith in The Guardian. “We’re already exceeding the earth’s adaptive capacity with respect to greenhouse gas emissions, biodiversity loss and the nitrogen cycle and we’re approaching critical limits in both the phosphorous cycle and ocean acidification. Our use of fresh water is also approaching or exceeding sustainable limits in many parts of the world and we’re systematically destroying our arable land. These are critical life sustaining global processes that cannot be ignored without severe consequences.”

1. Thomas

We need to nationalize our universities , then sell them to India and China .

How much do you think Stanford would sell for ?

October 15, 2014 at 1:31 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Raipes are a celebration of hinduism in India. It is the very fabric of Indian hindu culture.
      It has been going on for 5000 years.

This cancer is now spreading into neighboring countries. It is also being exported to western nations where hindus migrate to.

Singapore recently arrested and deported thousands of hindus for raipes and terror.

October 15, 2014 at 9:03 am | Reply
  2. Tapper

Sell to India? They don't have toilets there. Most defecate on streets.

October 15, 2014 at 4:18 am | Reply
    • Tapper

I smell bad. Like a Pakistani. I hump my turtle at night because I am lonely.

October 15, 2014 at 7:35 am | Reply
      • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Actually in India to celebrate hinduism we f ukk our mommas. It is prescribed in Gita Bhagavad.

October 15, 2014 at 9:13 am |
  3. Candid

Another indictment of the sorry state of Indian education was the view held by students that cheating in examinations is their traditional right. In Indian universities cheating is now well-established. The fees for manipulating entrance tests ranges between $80 to $20,000 for popular programmes such as computer science, medicine and engineering the report said.

I

October 15, 2014 at 4:33 am | Reply
    • Candid

My transgender friend Tapper has foot fungus. I put that stinky yellow big toe up my a.s.s because it feels soooooo good. Then I take it out of his fat a.s.s and slip it into my mouth. What can I say? I'm a Paki.
      I'm loving it.

October 15, 2014 at 7:42 am | Reply
  4. Blue Saffron

India is infested with so many people it reminds one of cattle. On top of that these hindus can't keep themselves out of medieval and barbaric news and practices. First, $ex trafficking of young girls, then worship of rats, drinking of cow uR#ne, leaving scores of sick patients behind to burn in a hospital fire, stampedes and on and on. We need to bring Indians into the modern world even though it may take centuries.

October 15, 2014 at 4:42 am | Reply
    • Blue Saffron

I do not work. I live in my parent's garage. It has a lot of fleas. Consequently, my an.u.s. itches because it is infested with fleas. I am very flexible. I was taught yoga in Pakistan so I can bend over backwards and lick the fleas out of my a.s.s.
      There. Problem solved. I lick Tapper in his/her rear too. He/she loves it.

October 15, 2014 at 7:50 am | Reply
      • Blue Saffron

I went to the zoo last night. I waited until it closed. I sneaked into the elephant cage, got on my knees and sukked his big fat elephant dikk.
        I just loved it. Drank a whole quart of the thick gooey juice.
        Left him a tip. 16 peanuts.

October 15, 2014 at 8:00 am |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Germany is able to abolish university tuition? I'm not surprised.
    Do you think that might be because their products, such as automobiles, actually function?
    Might it be because Europeans strive to achieve education, while many USA citizens. by the age of seventeen, have received free education in public schools but cannot read and even print? Forget cursive script.

October 15, 2014 at 5:14 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Germans realize that it is to the benefit of their people to subsidize opera houses, which most USA folks consider "elitist."
      "Operatic" is a bad quality in a highschol student's singing voice, "In America." –

October 15, 2014 at 5:22 am | Reply
      • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

When complaints about the value of the U.S. dollar in German stores arise, just observe the differences between average citizens of the two countries.
        Ask an average USA citizen to sing an aria from LA BOHEME in Italian for you, and then ask a German.

October 15, 2014 at 5:32 am |

TYPO
        I meant, "high-school student's..."

October 15, 2014 at 5:36 am |
      • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Germans play chamber music at home. Even NAZI soldiers played chamber music.
        A family's reading of a late Beethoven string quartet might not be quite perfect, but most USA citizens have never sat all the way through a late Beethoven string quartet.
        Notice that I omit Canada's people from this observation.

October 15, 2014 at 5:50 am |
    • Average Citizen

Germany's population: 80.62 million
      US population: 316.1 million
      Don't compare the two. For God's sake, Canida has less people than California alone. See a problem? No, you likely wouldn't.

October 15, 2014 at 10:37 am | Reply
      • Gaerret

Canada?

October 15, 2014 at 12:35 pm |
  6. Blue Saffron

I like Beethoven music But I like that other song too.
    "I'm all about that base, bout that base
    I'm all about that base, bout that base"
    I fluncked out of music school. So I became a P.E. teacher for 6th graders.
    After school I hang out at the zoo. Just 5 blocks away.

October 15, 2014 at 8:28 am | Reply

@ Blue Saffron,
      What was your major in music school?
      What is the most difficult composition that you ever played on your primary musical instrument?
      I'm a pianist.

October 15, 2014 at 8:42 am | Reply
  7. Blue Saffron

I'm going to go touch myself now.

October 15, 2014 at 8:38 am | Reply
  8. How

How did they manage to do that? They got rid of their republicans.

October 15, 2014 at 8:45 am | Reply
  9. J.R.

This poor soul. Whomever is using Blue Saffron's name really should stop. We all know from his past comments that he would never ever say these dreadful remarks.
    My heart goes out to him.

October 15, 2014 at 8:46 am | Reply
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Fareed, as you will recall, speaking about Germany reminds one of India and Hitler axis of evil based on reachings of Gita Bhagavad.

As you will further recall:::

Beginning of Gandhi's letter to Hitler.

"Namaste, My Fuhrer. I implore you to propagate the Aryan race and remove all semitic impediments in this endeavor. We look forward towards your wisdom and guidance with respect to dealing with British and exterminating Jews. I continue to expound on my hobby of banging my goat and niece Manu. Of course not to mention other tender aged boys and girls and my cow ... Lakshmi. Your Obedient Servant , Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi."

October 15, 2014 at 8:56 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

I could not have written the post above, as I have no problem with the Aryans in my neighborhood. In fact, I am Aryan myself.I'm not ashamed of it, although many Aryans are ashamed of their roots.

October 15, 2014 at 9:11 am | Reply
      • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Oooops .... Forgot to mention Mahatma Gandhi a hindu icon humped his niece named Manu every night in celebration of Mahabharata.

October 15, 2014 at 9:20 am |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

I do not work. I live in my parent’s garage. It has a lot of fleas. Consequently, my an.u.s. itches because it is infested with fleas. I am very flexible. I was taught yoga in India so I can bend over backwards and lick the fleas out of my a.s.s.
    There. Problem solved. I lick J.R. in his/her rear too. He/she loves it.

October 15, 2014 at 8:58 am | Reply
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

I went to the zoo last night. I am a hindoo from India. I waited until it closed. I sneaked into the elephant cage, got on my knees and sukked his big fat elephant dikk.
    I just loved it. Drank a whole quart of the thick gooey juice.
    Left him a tip. 16 peanuts. They call me Mahout.

October 15, 2014 at 9:01 am | Reply
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Forget about universities. Home schooling is very popular in India and has borne great results. Listen to this.

A 10-year-old tribal girl was raiped by at least 10 members of a hindu kangaroo court in a Birbhum village, India on Monday night as punishment for having an affair with a youth from another community. She is in critical condition after the assault and is clinging to life in spite of the raipists stopping her from reaching a hospital.

October 15, 2014 at 9:08 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Don't be facetious, @ My Troll: home schooling is going to become very popular in the USA, if we want our children to be admitted to real colleges and universities.

October 15, 2014 at 9:19 am | Reply
      • Gaerret

Sure, if Liberty University is your idea of a "real" college and university.

October 15, 2014 at 12:33 pm |
  14. chri§§y

Much of what you say is true @ Joey! My musical choice wasnt considered appropriate for a girl, and even thought i was quite good at it i was discouraged from playing the saxaphone because it wasnt considered "girly" enough. That only achieved a lack of interest on my part after that! So....i eventually moved on to the geek life and became a "techy" which i have to say, was probably more profitable for me. Theres a reason for everything they say!

October 15, 2014 at 9:12 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

I betcha you were raiped daily by your music teacher in the ashram in Bombay. He played you like a guitar, so to speak.

October 15, 2014 at 9:15 am | Reply

@ chrissy,
      Anything related to computers, today, is a better choice than anything related to music, especially serious music.

October 15, 2014 at 9:31 am | Reply
    • Average Citizen

Sure, Joey, look what happened to one person with a superior education in computers is doing with his education today. He turned into your troll.
      Enjoy yourself while you read the fruits of his Indian hate-on until he gets CNN to close comments here, too. (Although I really hope NSA is taking note and shuts this P O S down already.)

October 15, 2014 at 10:26 am | Reply
  15. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Yes, university education has many benefits.

:::20% of women or 140 million women have been gang raiped in India

:::60% of men or 420 million men in India think that raiping and burning wife alive for dowry by spraying kerosene and lighting her up is acceptable.

:::Only 1% of raipes in India are reported.

:::There is a raipe every 2 seconds in India

JAI INDIA.
    The raipe capital of the world.

October 15, 2014 at 9:18 am | Reply
  16. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

How do you get 100 hindoos into a car?
    Throw a quarter in it.
    How do you get
    them out again?
    Tell them Hafizz Saeeed is driving.

October 15, 2014 at 9:23 am | Reply
    • Blue Saffron

How do you get 100 Pakistanis into a car?
      Throw a quarter in it.
      How do you get them out again?
      Tell them Modi is driving

October 15, 2014 at 9:31 am | Reply
  17. Blue Saffron

I finished touching myself. My little little paki pe cker just loved it. I feel exhilarated and ready to start my day.

October 15, 2014 at 9:24 am | Reply
  18. Blue Saffron

There is a woman inside all of us. I feel that since conception the female in me has not completely left me. My dream is to have THE operation, become a woman and marry Modi. I love him sooooo much.

October 15, 2014 at 9:27 am | Reply
  19. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Forget the university education.

To those hinddoosz, who troll on these forums creating mischief/misinformation/hate learn from the message that was sent to you in Mumbai. That was just an appetizer it would seem to a logical person. Mend your ways. There is still time. there may not be a second chance.

October 15, 2014 at 9:33 am | Reply
  20. Blue Saffron

I suk big long Indian 9" dikks. I swallow too.

October 15, 2014 at 9:34 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

But then again indians have ED problems with their toothpick size weiners. Consequently, hindoo makes resort to raipes.

October 15, 2014 at 9:37 am | Reply
  21. Blue Saffron

I have a crush on Ben Aflac. But I am not gay because I still fukk my mother.

October 15, 2014 at 9:37 am | Reply
  22. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

I am a practising hindu. My Gita Bhagavad says raipe your mother and dsughter. Good karma.

October 15, 2014 at 9:38 am | Reply
  23. Blue Saffron

Hindu religion sux
    Catholic religion sux
    Muslim religion sux
    All religions suk. There is no god, s.t.upid
    You're dealing with an american atheist muthr fukka

October 15, 2014 at 9:48 am | Reply
  24. Blue Saffron

YOU are the one I want to agitate. Keep talking blog tard. I will only contradict for my kicks and laughter.
    Now go sukk a long hindu dikk. Enjoy.
    Haaaaaaahaaaaaaa

October 15, 2014 at 9:54 am | Reply
  25. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Hindu a ss is very flexible and big as most have been pounded since they were kids [Gandos]. Not to worry as we also have jars of petroleum jelly ready for smooth penetration of Lord Gandu Ganesh's snout in hindu gand [a ss].

October 15, 2014 at 9:58 am | Reply
  26. Blue Saffron

How bout I get you drunk and fukk you in the ass???

October 15, 2014 at 9:59 am | Reply
  27. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Some purple colored, loin cloth wearing hinddoou terrorist/rapists troll/s squatting in a cave in India. Rubbing mustard oil on his d ik trying to m asturbate looking at Durga Maa's photo. Incense made out of cow d ung is burning nearby. Suicide belt hangs on wall. Human feces all over the floor.

October 15, 2014 at 9:59 am | Reply
  28. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

I would love to f ukk Lakshmi Maa and have her s ukk my American big long horn dikk.

October 15, 2014 at 10:00 am | Reply
  29. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Kaali Maa gave me B.J. Last night. Ahhhh the pleasures of hinduism.

October 15, 2014 at 10:02 am | Reply
  30. Blue Saffron

Duty calls. Go to go fukk your mother.
    Good bye.