December 13th, 2014

Israeli minister: Iran doesn't need one centrifuge

Fareed speaks with Naftali Bennett, the economic minister in Benjamin Netanyahu's cabinet, about Iran's nuclear program. Watch the full interview on GPS this Sunday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET on CNN.

Iran - you have said that you thought a bad deal would lead to war, but a good deal could lead to peace. So the question is, do you regard the deal that is under discussion as a good deal or a bad deal?

From what we can tell, the area where they seem to be at right now is that Iran would go from about 19,000 centrifuges to somewhere in the range of between 5,000 and 7,000 or 8,000 centrifuges. Is that a sufficient reduction which would lengthen the lead time before Iran could potentially do something which can make them produce weapons grade uranium?

That's a very bad deal. Iran doesn't need one centrifuge. Canada has nuclear energy. Spain has nuclear energy. Switzerland has nuclear energy and they don't enrich uranium. You don't need to enrich uranium in order to use nuclear energy. You enrich uranium in order to produce a bomb. That's why the U.N. Security Council came out with six consecutive resolutions that they should have not one centrifuge.

And suddenly we're caving in to their whims, especially when Iran is on the floor. They're under a significant economic pressure. It's working. So when something works, you don't let it up. Quite the contrary. That's the point in negotiation where you insist, and, in fact, reinforce the sanctions. And we just want one simple thing – no enrichment within Iran. You can have all the nuclear energy you want for any peaceful uses, but no enrichment so you can't acquire a nuclear weapon.

But it...

It's so simple...

You know that this is essentially seems as though it's a non-negotiable issue for Iran. So from your point of view, essentially, any deal that comes out is going to be one you will oppose?

No. Any deal that allows Iran to enrich uranium, which allows them to ultimately break out within a few months with a nuclear weapon, is a disaster for the world.

Can you imagine what will happen to the global economy if Iran comes out with a nuclear weapon? The whole area will enter a nuclear race – Saudi Arabia, Turkey. We're going to have a nuclear nightmare in the very most dangerous area in the world. You know what it will do to your pension funds and to everyone's money? It's crazy. It will risk the West.

Why are we letting this? Why with open eyes walking into this trap?

We should be very clear, Iran no enrichment. We're not going to let you acquire a nuclear weapon. It's black and white. You don't have to be so sophisticated. The U.N. already six times said that they cannot have one, you know, centrifuge. I don't know why suddenly we're caving in. This is a bad deal and we have to prevent it at all costs.

Post by:
Topics: GPS Show

1. chri§§y

I love to suck israeli d ikk. A few shekels per pop. I am from India. Namastay.

December 15, 2014 at 8:29 am | Reply
  2. chri§§y

HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM

WAIT ... WAIT .......EVEN MORE FREEDOM FIGHTING ORGANIZATIONS IN INDIA::

Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC)
    Achik National Volunteer Council (ANVC)
    People’s Liberation Front of Meghalaya (PLF-M)
    Hajong United Liberation Army (HULA)
    Nagaland

National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Isak-Muivah) – NSCN(IM)
    National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) – NSCN (K)
    Naga National Council (Adino) – NNC (Adino)
    Punjab
    Babbar Khalsa International (BKI)
    Khalistan Zindabad Force (KZF)
    International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF)
    Khalistan Commando Force (KCF)
    All-India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF)
    Bhindala Tigers Force of Khalistan (BTFK)
    Khalistan Liberation Army (KLA)
    Khalistan Liberation Front (KLF)
    Khalistan Armed Force (KAF)
    Dashmesh Regiment
    Khalistan Liberation Organisation (KLO)
    Khalistan National Army (KNA)

National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT)
    All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF)
    Tripura Liberation Organisation Front (TLOF)
    United Bengali Liberation Front (UBLF)
    Tripura Tribal Volunteer Force (TTVF)
    Tripura Armed Tribal Commando Force (TATCF)
    Tripura Tribal Democratic Force (TTDF)
    Tripura Tribal Youth Force (TTYF)
    Tripura Liberation Force (TLF)
    Tripura Defence Force (TDF)
    All Tripura Volunteer Force (ATVF)
    Tribal Commando Force (TCF)
    Tripura Tribal Youth Force (TTYF)
    All Tripura Bharat Suraksha Force (ATBSF)
    Tripura Tribal Action Committee Force (TTACF)
    Socialist Democratic Front of Tripura (SDFT)
    All Tripura National Force (ATNF)
    Tripura Tribal Sengkrak Force (TTSF)
    Tiger Commando Force (TCF)
    Tripura Mukti Police (TMP)
    Tripura Rajya Raksha Bahini (TRRB)
    Tripura State Volunteers (TSV)
    Tripura National Democratic Tribal Force (TNDTF)

EVEN MORE FREEDOM FIGHTING ORGANIZATIONS IN INDIA::

National Militia of Tripura (NMT)
    All Tripura Bengali Regiment (ATBR)
    Bangla Mukti Sena (BMS)
    All Tripura Liberation Organisation (ATLO)
    Tripura National Army (TNA)
    Tripura State Volunteers (TSV)
    Borok National Council of Tripura (BNCT)
    Mizoram
    Bru National Liberation Front
    Hmar People's Convention- Democracy (HPC-D)

Arunachal Dragon Force (ADF)

Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist)
    People's War Group
    Maoist Communist Centre
    People's Guerrilla Army
    Communist Party of India-Marxist Leninist-Janashakti(CPI-ML-Janashakti)
    Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC)

Tamil National Retrieval Troops (TNRT)
    Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj (ABNES)
    Tamil Nadu Liberation Army (TNLA)
    Deendar Anjuman
    Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI)
    Asif Reza Commando Force
    Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
    Kamatapur Liberation Organisation (KLO)
    Ranvir Sena

Wow!!! So many freedom fighting outfits in India. WOW!!!
    Hinddooos must be pulling their usual "suppress the minorities routine" on them. After all the protesting, they took matters in their own hands. So there we have it.

INDIA, A FREEDOM FIGHTING CENTRALE!!!

December 15, 2014 at 8:29 am | Reply
    • Crockett

I get the gist. India is about to be dismembered.

December 15, 2014 at 11:25 am | Reply
  3. Blue Saffron☼

Wel, Well, Well. Seems like we are having a busy holiday season here. The mice will play when the lion is away.

Therefore Iran definitely needs centrifugii.

December 15, 2014 at 8:41 am | Reply
    • Hannah

Our Christmas present this year...trash talk. LOL

December 15, 2014 at 8:56 am | Reply
  4. Blue Saffron☼

What some like to do is not of interest to us and belongs in the bedroom.

December 15, 2014 at 8:44 am | Reply
    • Camille

I mean I like lollipops Made in America. Israeli products don't interest me. So I am with you on this.

December 15, 2014 at 8:55 am | Reply
  5. Blue Saffron☼

E Pluribus Unum, that says it all.

December 15, 2014 at 8:46 am | Reply
    • Crockett

Thanks for your words of wisdom and keeping these forums clean and intellectual at you level.

December 15, 2014 at 11:17 am | Reply
  6. Camille

@Blue Saffron could you enlighten us on the Khalistan, Kashmir, Tripura triangulation? I have to run for a board meeting. Ciao.

December 15, 2014 at 8:58 am | Reply
  7. Hannah

@Camille, allow me. They want to live in freedom away from hindu denominational domination. Nothing more nothing less.

December 15, 2014 at 9:07 am | Reply
    • Jack Murphy

Do you blame them? Who wants to live with hindu raypists in India!

December 15, 2014 at 9:57 am | Reply
    • Blue Saffron☼

Thank you.

December 15, 2014 at 10:26 am | Reply
  8. Cantor

Happy Monday morn @Blue Saffron. Seems like the world is upside down in Australia. Hope they nab the bad guy. Heard he is from India. Recall, they beat up a lot of hindus in Australia.

December 15, 2014 at 9:15 am | Reply
    • Better Tomorrow

These Indians have been fighting with ISIS. Lots of them.

December 15, 2014 at 10:17 am | Reply
  9. Jack Murphy

Re: Indian Occupied Kashmir, time has come for India to hold plebiscite.

December 15, 2014 at 9:33 am | Reply
  10. Better Tomorrow

Additionally, Modi should be dragged to International Criminal Court to stand trial for genocides in India.

December 15, 2014 at 10:10 am | Reply
  11. Blue Saffron☼

Lol @Cantor there a billion of them where they come from.

December 15, 2014 at 10:24 am | Reply
    • Blue Saffron☼

Happy Holidays to you too!

December 15, 2014 at 10:25 am | Reply
      • banasy

Blue Saffron, I like you. Don't believe Philip has anything to do with me. Let's meet in Bombay.

December 15, 2014 at 10:35 am |
      • banasy©

WHAT THE "FREEDOM FIGHTERS"
        BLUE SAFFRON AND HIS "FOLLOWERS" ARE UP TO:

Why aren’t you chastising your name-stealing cohorts for the filthy abuse they are heaping on those whose names have been stolen/insulted when they post in the first place?

After all, they all worship you. One word from you and they will stop.

Right?

Your goal is to “clean up these forums”, correct? Think you can start with your “followers”?

December 15, 2014 at 10:56 am |
      • Crockett

Yes, they all worship him like the devil does you. LOL. I find his comments to be sharp and poignant. So not sure what your problem is. Are you seeking attention? Expressing your admiration for Blue Saffron without saying it? Just wondering.

December 15, 2014 at 11:20 am |
      • banasy©

Fan fiction is rampant here, I agree.
        I don't have a problem with a Blue Saffron, per se.

WHAT THE "FREEDOM FIGHTERS"
        BLUE SAFFRON AND HIS "FOLLOWERS" ARE UP TO:

After all, they all worship you. One word from you and they will stop.

Right?

December 15, 2014 at 11:37 am |
  12. Philip

Heyyyy. Who stole my s/n last night? Dang it. Lol

December 15, 2014 at 11:01 am | Reply
    • Crockett

Like it was your virginity. Ahem.

December 15, 2014 at 11:27 am | Reply
  13. chri§§y

Shut up already @ philip. And go back to Fox!

December 15, 2014 at 11:21 am | Reply
    • Crockett

Not a very civilized way to start the week. No need to make superfluous replies.

December 15, 2014 at 11:24 am | Reply
      • banasy©

Superfluous doesn't mean what I think you think it means.

December 15, 2014 at 11:39 am |
  14. Crockett

Thank you Blue for bringing back sanity. Have a good one.

December 15, 2014 at 11:22 am | Reply
  15. Blue Saffron☼

Iran is an independent country rich with civilization. Not a herd of land grabbers like Israel. It can have all the centrifuges it desires. No holds barred.

December 15, 2014 at 11:58 am | Reply
    • Blue Saffron☼

We endeavor to live in a capitalist economic order not a totalitarian environment garbed in democracy.

December 15, 2014 at 11:59 am | Reply
  16. Blue Saffron☼

It is important what Iran thinks. Not what I think you think me think she thinks he thinks. Please take suo moto notice. Ya think? LOL

December 15, 2014 at 12:02 pm | Reply
    • Crockett

I think you think you're better than you actuall are. LOL

December 15, 2014 at 12:24 pm | Reply
    • dazzle

Utter nonsense. I see it hasn't stopped. I would think that CNN would have most definitely done something by now.
      Simply amazing.

December 15, 2014 at 12:41 pm | Reply
      • banasy©

Not dazzle.

WHAT THE "FREEDOM FIGHTERS"
        BLUE SAFFRON AND HIS "FOLLOWERS" ARE UP TO:

After all, they all worship you. One word from you and they will stop.

Right?

December 15, 2014 at 12:56 pm |
      • dazzle

My troll please stop.

December 15, 2014 at 12:58 pm |
      • banasy©

Although it is amusing that the SP is doing the chastising.

December 15, 2014 at 12:58 pm |
  17. palintwit

The other day I was getting off a plane at a major US airport when suddenly I heard someone shout "Hey look everyone, it's palintwit ! ". Suddenly I was mobbed by people wanting my autograph ! It was nice to be recognized in public for my journalistic talent and hard hitting reporting on Sarah Palin and her tea party patriots.

December 15, 2014 at 12:32 pm | Reply
    • palintwit

Can you say " Nobel Peace Prize " ?

December 15, 2014 at 1:05 pm | Reply
  18. Blue Saffron☼

Nothwitstanding the nuances of the cattle mentality of these forums frequented by third world critters, Iran deserves the courtesy typically accorded to independent nations.

December 15, 2014 at 12:57 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

Notwithstanding that there are actually no third world citizens actually posting on these forums, I will make my entreaty again:

WHAT THE "FREEDOM FIGHTERS"
      BLUE SAFFRON AND HIS "FOLLOWERS" ARE UP TO:

After all, they all worship you. One word from you and they will stop.

Right?

December 15, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Reply
  19. Blue Saffron☼

Of course Iran does not need one centrifuge. Iran needs thousands of centrifuges.

December 15, 2014 at 1:26 pm | Reply
  20. Blue Saffron☼

I is better than I thought I wasn't. Yous think I am too. Green eggs and ham.

December 15, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Reply
    • Crockett

LOL. Good One ! I just saw a ten pounder green lobster

December 15, 2014 at 2:16 pm | Reply
  21. Blue Saffron☼

My freedom fighters my goals my followers. Mine Mine Mine. Oh Jesus, I don't want to be you. I don't want to be a Saint, nor Messiah, nor Prophet. I want to be me. Better than I is or was. I so want to be me.

December 15, 2014 at 1:35 pm | Reply
  22. bobcat2u

OK,..... so what's the speed of dark?

December 15, 2014 at 2:11 pm | Reply
    • bobcat2u

How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

December 15, 2014 at 2:13 pm | Reply
    • bobcat2u

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

December 15, 2014 at 2:16 pm | Reply
  23. Crockett

I understand you just wanna be you, Blue. But you don't make that call. Your fans do.

December 15, 2014 at 2:18 pm | Reply
  24. Sky Hi

Iran does not need to be dictated to. I say let Iran centrifuge to hearts content.

December 15, 2014 at 2:22 pm | Reply
  25. Crockett

@Sky Hi, I am with you. Let me get a nuclear bomb. So what. Others have it too.

December 15, 2014 at 2:23 pm | Reply
  26. bobcat2u

A New York lawmaker called and asked, 'Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know who's luggage belongs to who?' I said, 'No, why do you ask?' She replied, 'Well, when I checked in with

the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said (FAT), and I'm overweight, I think that is very rude?' After putting her on hold for a minute while I ' looked into it' (I was actually laughing) I came back and explained the city code for Fresno, CA is (FAT), and that the airline was just putting a destination tag on her luggage.

I thought under my breath, a good thing she wasn't going to Show Low airport in Arizona (SOW).

December 15, 2014 at 2:24 pm | Reply
  27. Blue Saffron☼

Thank you all. Love you too.
    Just don't crucify me. Lol

December 15, 2014 at 2:24 pm | Reply
  28. Crockett

No, Blue we will make a statue of you in gold while you are still living.

December 15, 2014 at 2:26 pm | Reply
    • Crockett

Goldfinger.....is that you?

December 15, 2014 at 2:27 pm | Reply
      • Sky Hi

Diamonds are for ever.

December 15, 2014 at 2:29 pm |
  29. Blue Saffron☼

You are too much guys. BTW where has Blue Sapphire disappeared?

December 15, 2014 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  30. Crockett

We'll hunt him down today.

December 15, 2014 at 2:31 pm | Reply