December 23rd, 2014

Can man create a sun?

Tune into the latest GPS special, ‘Moonshots,’ on CNN this Sunday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET.

The sun is 27 million degrees Fahrenheit and4.6 billion years old. So what if we could somehow bring this blazing ball of energy down to Earth to power our world?

Fareed hears from Ned Sauthoff, who is leading the U.S. contribution to the 35-nation ITER project that is hoping to pull off one of the most audacious feats of physics ever witnessed: creating a star.

Watch the video for more.

Post by:
Topics: GPS Show • Space

1. Philip

After banasy© and Chrissy got out of the hot tub there was only one foot of water in it.

December 27, 2014 at 6:09 am | Reply
  2. Philip

After big fat Donna banasy and flabby armed Chrissy got out of the hot tub there was only one foot of water in it.

December 27, 2014 at 6:11 am | Reply
  3. Philip

After banasy and Donna got out of the hot tub there was only one foot of water in it. And all the wine was gone . No more cheesecake left either.

December 27, 2014 at 6:20 am | Reply
  4. Philip

One time Donna and Chrissy got out of the hot tub and there was only one foot of water in it. And grease marks on the seats. And all the wine was gone. No more cheesecake either. (shrug)

December 27, 2014 at 6:35 am | Reply
  5. Philip

One time Donna and Chrissy got out of the hot tub and there was only one foot of water in it. And grease marks on the seats. And all the wine was gone. Even the leftover cheesecake which was moldy was gone. (shrug)

December 27, 2014 at 6:55 am | Reply
    • Philip

Sheesh. This blog chart is so empty it echoes. Lol 🙂

December 27, 2014 at 6:59 am | Reply
      • Philip

I also noticed the spoiled eggnog had been drank. And both of them were burping a lot. Donna threw-up on Chrissy and made her look prettier too.

December 27, 2014 at 7:02 am |
  6. Philip

Can man end death? Can man wipe away the tears from our eyes? Can man even make a blue bird sing.

December 27, 2014 at 7:04 am | Reply
  7. rupert

Why are u so mean Philip? I pick on people too. But to play not to hurt. But even a sap like me has limits.
    U don't really hate banasy, or chrissy or bobcat.

In the last six months u have gotten worse

December 27, 2014 at 7:33 am | Reply
  8. rupert

You remind me of mr potter from the movie...IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE...only there's nothing wonderful about u.

December 27, 2014 at 7:36 am | Reply
  9. rupert

Good bye mr potter. I will be watching u. Just remember..

U spin your little web mr potter. But in the whole scheme of things, your just a scurry little spider. A frustrated old man.

December 27, 2014 at 7:39 am | Reply
  10. rupert

Correction Philip. As Harry Bailey told mr potter, " You're a warped frustrated old man."

December 27, 2014 at 7:48 am | Reply
  11. rupert

That makes sense joey. Thank u.

December 27, 2014 at 7:56 am | Reply
  12. rupert

@Fill-Up. U big flirt u. Stealing my on line girls right from under my nose.

December 27, 2014 at 7:59 am | Reply
  13. Tori

This trash has been going on for years. I've been on the blogs since 2011 and Philip was bashing then. Just end it!!

December 27, 2014 at 8:00 am | Reply
  14. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

JIF was very disciplined through Christmas day. The next day I binged on tortilla chips, hot sauce, and butter cookies.
    Once a year isn't all that bad, and food should not go to waste when obese children my think that they need more healthy grams of carbohydrates and less fat.

December 27, 2014 at 8:00 am | Reply
  15. Tori

@JIF, Merry Christmas it is me.

December 27, 2014 at 8:06 am | Reply
  16. rupert

Yes. Nothing like a good binge once in a blue moon. And btw,

your Fazioli piano is in the mail.

December 27, 2014 at 8:08 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

@ rupert:
      Fazioli piano? It cannot get here soon enough. They are fantastic. All of them are good.
      I have never played one in public.
      You know about more than your share of stuff, rupert. Can you play the piano?

December 27, 2014 at 8:20 am | Reply
  17. rupert

A merry xmas to cuttie tori and her nice family.

December 27, 2014 at 8:10 am | Reply
  18. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

All of this talk about overweight women is needlessly cruel. My first Truly Serious high-school romance was with an overweight Southern belle. I thought that she was the world's most attractive woman.
    It didn't last. She did much better.

December 27, 2014 at 8:13 am | Reply
  19. rupert

Hmmm. It might be her joey.

Philip is so low he even made a reference to tori being obese when he has not even seen her. No bodys business what anyone's weight is. Who cares?

For all we know tori may be skinny as a bored.

December 27, 2014 at 8:16 am | Reply
  20. rupert

Board not bored

December 27, 2014 at 8:17 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

I know that @ TORI is in shape.
      She said so, and she does not lie.
      Neither do her fine and brilliant parents.

December 27, 2014 at 8:25 am | Reply
      • Tori

Good Memory @JIF, I do go to a gym every day like you do. Now that I am visiting my parents I will be walking every where.My car was stolen in New Orleans but at least the city where my folks are in is walkable.

December 27, 2014 at 9:34 am |
  21. Tori

Merry Christmas Rupert, he has said I was obese. I am not nor am I skinny.

December 27, 2014 at 8:24 am | Reply
  22. rupert

Roger that tori.

@joey. No. Never had the talent. And most certainly not at age three.

December 27, 2014 at 8:28 am | Reply
  23. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

This is the only thing I have resembling a day off during these holidays. A pianist's occupational hazard is frequently split fingers. I spent yesterday letting mine heal, and today I have to harden them with benzoin. I've lived with these skin-skills since I was fourteen, so please don't bring up Jerkin's lotion.

December 27, 2014 at 8:34 am | Reply
  24. rupert

Thank u cnn for your coverage on two of new yorks finest.
    Rotten xmas for some people.

December 27, 2014 at 8:35 am | Reply
  25. rupert

I too think time will be an ally to split fingers. No I will not mention u know what.

December 27, 2014 at 8:39 am | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

Board, bored.
      Does it not seem oppressively civil in this forum?
      Menotti uswd to write reams of jagged recitative so he could get by with two or three pages of his eclectic lyricism that would demolish any real human being's emotional state.

December 27, 2014 at 8:55 am | Reply
  26. Philip

No. If either three of them were cold, hungry and starving, I would throw water on them and kick dirt I their faces. And laugh out loudly. Seriously.

December 27, 2014 at 10:37 am | Reply
    • Philip

I had to learn to hate them. I really liked all three at first. But one is so stupid but thinks she's highly intellectual, one thinks that if an old man raypes a young girl it's statutory raype but if an old man raypes a boy it's not (which offends me greatly, personally) and one just tells stupid jokes or posts word jumbles of official versions of news stories as if he was "thinking outside the box".
      I've known them here on the N for about three years. It has been a slow and painful process coming to hate them. Hatred is hard on a person. Even an old man.

December 27, 2014 at 10:50 am | Reply
      • Philip

(am explaining to rupert the difference between his childish pranks and my serious ramblings)

December 27, 2014 at 10:51 am |
  27. Philip

A person being hated...it's really no big deal. But a person with hatred for others...well. They won. They finally defeated me. I truly do hate them.

December 27, 2014 at 10:54 am | Reply
  28. Philip

Some days it's really hard to hate them. But most days they make it easy. As you can see this bothers me...my hatred. And so am dumping it off here so it doesn't nag me all day. I work on Saturdays and hatred makes it hard to do my job.

December 27, 2014 at 11:01 am | Reply
  29. Philip

Sometimes I say to myself "You really do hate her, don't you" and then start crying.

December 27, 2014 at 11:03 am | Reply
  30. Philip

The law code I live by does not allow me to hate people. In fact, it says that the prayers of law breakers are something detestable to God. And to love my enemies and have intense love for fellow believers. So I'm in big trouble right now.

December 27, 2014 at 11:11 am | Reply
    • Philip

I would love and care for Usama Bin Laden's children if need be, but not kids of the 3 hated ones. That's really a sad state of affairs.

December 27, 2014 at 11:13 am | Reply
    • banasy©

You hate bobcat, Chrissy, and I because we do not take you seriously, and you cannot abide that.

Become the abiding dude, because that will not change.

December 27, 2014 at 11:19 am | Reply