December 23rd, 2014

Can man create a sun?

Tune into the latest GPS special, ‘Moonshots,’ on CNN this Sunday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET.

The sun is 27 million degrees Fahrenheit and4.6 billion years old. So what if we could somehow bring this blazing ball of energy down to Earth to power our world?

Fareed hears from Ned Sauthoff, who is leading the U.S. contribution to the 35-nation ITER project that is hoping to pull off one of the most audacious feats of physics ever witnessed: creating a star.

Watch the video for more.

Post by:
Topics: GPS Show • Space

1. chri§§y

Good morning @ Joey, Tori and rupert! Hope you all had a wonderful christmas and Tori please tell your mom i said hey! And Patrick too please!

December 27, 2014 at 11:17 am | Reply
    • Tori

Merry Christmas Chrissy, I am going over to her house shortly and will tell her.

December 27, 2014 at 11:23 am | Reply
  2. chri§§y

And good morning to you also @ banasy. You werent here when i first read thru the posts!

December 27, 2014 at 11:20 am | Reply

GM.
      This appears to have been going on for quite a while.

December 27, 2014 at 11:21 am | Reply
  3. Philip

I'm really a lovable guy. Children adore me...I let children in the neighborhood play behind my shop on Saturday's. Any minute now they will be here. "Hi Mr. Philip" they say. Come and play Hot Potato with us?
    When I tint the glass in old age homes that ugly people dump their aged grandparents in old folks flock around me. An old woman walked up to me on one job and put her cold boney hands on my face and just stood there smiling in my eyes...not saying a word but conveying much warmth. Interns literally had to drag her away from me. I really am an attractive man in real life. Not vanity/good looking. Attractive, rather.
    annnnd I forgot where I was going with this. sheesh

December 27, 2014 at 11:24 am | Reply
    • banasy©

A fine of a piece of fiction as all of the rest of the nonsense you have posted.

December 27, 2014 at 11:28 am | Reply
  4. Philip

And I see them here now, so I better get going before things get ugly and I puke on my keyboard out of disgust for myself.
    toodles.

December 27, 2014 at 11:25 am | Reply
    • banasy©

Things got ugly when you decided to show your true self.

December 27, 2014 at 11:38 am | Reply
  5. chri§§y

And @ rupert...philip is delusional. He has NEVER been in a hot top with either one of us, ever! I would rather take a cyanide pill than to be anywhere near him!

December 27, 2014 at 11:28 am | Reply
  6. chri§§y

A very vivid imagination for certain. Although im very surprised parents let their children play there. Paint tinting seems as toxic as the one doing it!

December 27, 2014 at 11:33 am | Reply
    • banasy©

It's a film, Chrissy. Not liquid.

December 27, 2014 at 11:35 am | Reply
  7. banasy©

Hello, Tori.

I am glad you are here.

December 27, 2014 at 11:34 am | Reply
  8. Philip

See? They make it easy on me to hate them. Mean and ugly old ladies is all.

December 27, 2014 at 11:50 am | Reply
    • banasy©

Even your insults are impotent.

December 27, 2014 at 12:02 pm | Reply
  9. chri§§y

Please tell me @ banasy...you didnt fall for that "i philip, do solemly swear crap" did you! That man couldnt tell the truth about anything if his life depended on it!

December 27, 2014 at 11:50 am | Reply
  10. Philip

Fu*ck you Donna you f'ing biatch. What I said above is true and I really do help support two unfortunate African youths you f'ing old...oooooh. I want to use the c word.

December 27, 2014 at 11:52 am | Reply
    • banasy©

I cannot take you seriously, Philip.

You have proven to be not credible too many times before.

Since when is 23 and 26 "youths"? That is firmly in the "adult" category.

December 27, 2014 at 12:00 pm | Reply
  11. Philip

....and I really did dress up as a bum and go downtown on Xmas with $100 in my pocket for the homeless you fat f'ing hog.

December 27, 2014 at 11:53 am | Reply
  12. chri§§y

Ask us if we care pullup! We see how you treated the ONE person who DID care! In fact you just told us...as if you were proud of being the 8th d i c kless wonder of the world!

December 27, 2014 at 12:00 pm | Reply
    • Philip

Dickless? You wouldn't be able to walk for a week after I was done flogging you. And your backbone would need fixed.

December 27, 2014 at 12:43 pm | Reply
  13. chri§§y

Funny yesterday you said you had 5~ 5 dollar bills in your pocket!

December 27, 2014 at 12:03 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

First time I saw him speak of this, he was "Armed with $50 bucks worth of toys and 10 $5 dollar bills."

December 27, 2014 at 12:11 pm | Reply
      • Philip

Omg you are dumb. $50 bucks worth of toys and 10 $5 bills is what I used my $100 for. What charity did you give? $10 bucks to Vampires without Borders so that you could feel good about yourself without actually doing anything yourself? Prolly.

December 27, 2014 at 12:22 pm |
      • banasy©

Are you stupid? I corrected her, you ignorant ass.

Do you ever read, or do you just react?

December 27, 2014 at 12:59 pm |
  14. Tori

Hello @banasy. He is getting very ugly. Same stuff he did in 2011. Why CNN doesn't do anything about him, I dont know.

December 27, 2014 at 12:10 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

CNN doesn't care; you know this better than anyone, darling girl.

December 27, 2014 at 12:14 pm | Reply
      • Philip

BS.

December 27, 2014 at 12:52 pm |

How?

December 27, 2014 at 1:11 pm |
  15. Philip

"Paint tinting". Omg you are stupid, Chrissy. Really freaking dumb.

December 27, 2014 at 12:18 pm | Reply
  16. Philip

Lmao. Chrissy read 5 five dollar bills and banutzi read 10. You two should huddle before coming here to attack me. To get your stories straight first.

December 27, 2014 at 12:24 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

I quoted you post exactly, you ignorant ass.

Philip
      Nothing but professional homeless men down by the river, and so am at the homeless shelter on the women's side. Armed with $50 bucks worth of toys and 10 $5 dollar bills. 🙂

December 25, 2014 at 9:28 am | Reply

You are really bloody stupid.

December 27, 2014 at 1:03 pm | Reply
  17. bobcat2u

Morning/afternoon (depending on where you reside) everyone.

You know, instead of CNN presenting this site as GPS, they need to just call it SWGAT.

December 27, 2014 at 12:27 pm | Reply
    • Philip

...and here's bobscat setting up the old hags for another one of his stupid jokes.

December 27, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Reply
  18. Philip

Statistics regarding Pentagon spending are NOT conspiracy theories", @Chrussty. The Pentagon does in fact rob our national treasury social security and spend "borrowed" funds on themselves. Not on 10 thousand dollar ashtrays as the cover story goes. ON THEMSELVES in th form of lavish milary eni tlements. THIS is why thePentagon told Obama that th US Miliary cannot defeat "ISIL". They simply cannot afford to, and Obama knows it and like it that way.

December 27, 2014 at 12:27 pm | Reply
  19. Philip

Oh you gals are so lady like today. Role models for younger women to follow in the trails you blaze here. I can't wait to see what the next generation of hag lady "news bloggers" looks like. Fatter and uglier, am sure.

December 27, 2014 at 12:32 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

There is nothing unladylike about labeling an ignorant ass an "ignorant ass".

December 27, 2014 at 1:06 pm | Reply
  20. Philip

What charity did you old hags DO this year for Xmass? Come on. Fess up. ALL you did was stuff your pie holes more than usual.

December 27, 2014 at 12:35 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

Over the years, I have posted what charitable works I devote my time to.

That you've neglected to retain this information surprises me not one jot.

December 27, 2014 at 1:14 pm | Reply
  21. Philip

My total spending on charity this year stands at $4,420 as of today and I have receipts to prove it. That's nearly 6% of my net income. And that's NOT counting my time which is worth over $100 per hour.

December 27, 2014 at 12:40 pm | Reply
  22. Philip

Oh, and Bill Clinton is sooooo credible. F you Dona.

December 27, 2014 at 12:44 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

Bill Clinton is a liar, same as you.

.....and?

December 27, 2014 at 1:09 pm | Reply
  23. Philip

The Fantastical 3 have left the building.

December 27, 2014 at 12:46 pm | Reply
  24. bobcat2u

My my Philip, it appears you are in full attack mode today. My comment was not directed at you, not specifically anyway, yet you choose to attack anything you perceive as a threat. I'm really beginning to believe this is the way you get your rocks. I can't image how good a person you would be if you could display a smidgen of the decency shown by chrissy and banasy. Hopefully one day those three ghosts can show you the path like they did with Scrooge.

December 27, 2014 at 12:50 pm | Reply
    • Philip

Stfu you toothpick armed butt kisser of old hags.

December 27, 2014 at 12:56 pm | Reply
      • Philip

I suppose in your opinion banutzi and Chru$$ty are always ladylike here. You are blind as a bat if that's what you think. Cuzz dem biatches get very uglier sometimes.

December 27, 2014 at 12:57 pm |
    • Philip

Bobscat references Scrooge. How old are you? 12? lmao

December 27, 2014 at 12:58 pm | Reply
  25. bobcat2u

@ Philip
    You are the only one here who seems to feel the need to revert to name calling and you accuse "me" of being 12 ? Here's your pot and kettle folks.
    And as far as chrissy and banasy, it appears to me they are just defending themselves against unwarranted accusations by you. And doing a fine job of it, I might add.

December 27, 2014 at 1:09 pm | Reply
    • Philip

LIAR. They call me bad names constantly. See what a butt kisser you are?

December 27, 2014 at 1:12 pm | Reply
      • banasy©

Oh, you missed the part where BC said "defending themselves against unwarranted accusations by you."

I'm not surprised you glossed over that. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

If you do not want to be called an ignorant ass, I suggest you stop acting like one.

December 27, 2014 at 1:19 pm |
    • Philip

I didn't accuse "you" of anything when I said 12 years old. I was making fun of you for using Scooge as a reference as a 12 year old would. Not having learned any better references.

December 27, 2014 at 1:19 pm | Reply
      • banasy©

There was a point to that story, and it has evidently flown over you head for over 5 decades.

December 27, 2014 at 1:23 pm |
      • bobcat2u

Well Philip, I could refer to you as the azzhole you truly appear to be, but I won't. I won't. The hell I won't.

December 27, 2014 at 1:31 pm |
  26. Philip

So. What charity did you folks DO this Xmass?

December 27, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Reply
  27. rupert

Toothpick arm? I'm not sure what u mean. It really can't be what I think u mean Philip.

December 27, 2014 at 1:22 pm | Reply
  28. rupert

No way. Not to an American vet. U must be referring to something else, boy.

December 27, 2014 at 1:24 pm | Reply
  29. Philip

You biatches have ACCUSED ME of lying about my charitable deeds. All I've accused you of is being dumber than boxes of rocks. Because you are.
    Pick a hot topic and debate me and I will show you exactly how stupid you are.
    Come on, Bobscotch. Pick a news topic we disagree on and let's debate.
    @Banazi. TOPIC: Raype. I say openly gay priests caught with younger males are statutory rapists. Statutory raype comes with a 20 year prison sentence. A just reward. What do you say openly gay priests caught with younger males are guilty of? And what is the punishment for that?

December 27, 2014 at 1:25 pm | Reply
    • Philip

...oh. And accused both of you hags of being butt ugly, which both of you are. And accused bobsnot of having toothpicks for arms, which he does in fact have.

December 27, 2014 at 1:26 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

I didn't say one word about your charitable works. Please repost where I did, otherwise, be quiet.

If priests are found guilty of rape, they should be improsoned for the maximum amount of time that sentence holds for the state they're convicted in.

This, too, was settled years ago, and why you are repeating this yet again is beyond me.

December 27, 2014 at 1:33 pm | Reply
  30. Philip

Soooo. What charitable acts of kindness did you folks do this Xmass.

December 27, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Reply