December 27th, 2014

The challenge of mapping the brain

President Barack Obama announced the “BRAIN” Initiative in 2013. It's an effort to show the brain's neural circuits work together in real time. To find out more about efforts to map the brain, watch the "Moonshots" special on December 28 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET.

Zakaria: Is it more difficult to map the brain than it was to map the human genome, which took about, initially, 10 or 15 years?

Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist: It will take a lot of time.  Realize that the Human Genome Project only talked about maybe 20,000 genes or so that may that govern the human body. The brain has 100 billion neurons, each neuron connected to 10,000 other neurons.  That's as many stars as there are in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Wow!

Kaku: And so it will take time.

Post by:
Topics: Uncategorized

« Previous entry
  1. Philip

GPS is the deadest news blog on earth. UFO chatrooms are busier than this place.

December 27, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Reply
    • Fairy'd Ziarreah

Am thinking is because Fareed is a rag head and most N. Americans are racists.

December 27, 2014 at 6:02 pm | Reply
  2. Philip

Just east of Colorado Springs, Nikola Tesla used his free energy Blue Beam to light up a light bulb from 13 miles away. He aimed his Blue Beam at a can of gasoline, but nothing happened. So he spent months experimenting, and found that if he mixed 10% ethanol with gasoline, his Blue Beam could make it explode violently. A few months later, Tesla mysteriously died and federal agents seized everything he owned, including his Blue Beam projector. Many years later, federal agents began requiring Americans to mix 10% ethanol in their gasoline.
    What do you think about this?

December 27, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Reply
  3. rupert

I don't know what think.

December 27, 2014 at 6:22 pm | Reply
    • Philip

Think that man cannot govern himself. Men will do what men do. And since most all men are selfish, will rule mankind to their own misery.

December 27, 2014 at 7:55 pm | Reply
      • Philip

Man dominates man to their own misery , says The Word. Not to mention men dominating stupid women like banasy.

December 27, 2014 at 7:58 pm |
  4. Philip

GPS "news bloggers" are all stupid. Care to debate?

December 27, 2014 at 8:06 pm | Reply
  5. Troll Whisperer

Why do you begin name calling? There is no rationale.

December 27, 2014 at 8:14 pm | Reply
    • Philip

Is is because am so ronery. So ronery and all alone.

December 27, 2014 at 8:43 pm | Reply
  6. Philip

So f you, whisaperer.

December 27, 2014 at 8:47 pm | Reply
  7. Philip

f off you americans.

December 27, 2014 at 8:48 pm | Reply
  8. Philip

I do not like what yous have done to America. In fact, I hate Donna banasy for doing it.

December 27, 2014 at 8:52 pm | Reply
  9. Philip

Fock America for what Doona banasyies have done to her.

December 27, 2014 at 9:04 pm | Reply
  10. Philip

Bunch of fat ass laxy cun ts. like donna.

December 27, 2014 at 9:06 pm | Reply
  11. Observer

Because Troll Whisperer, philip wants the world to know that God does, indeed make mistakes! And philip is living proof.

December 27, 2014 at 9:07 pm | Reply
  12. Philip

fock a bunch of "America" blind flag wavers. FU you programmed automotons like bunutzi 'n Chru$$sty and bobsnot. Ya'll suck, according to Reuters worldwide polls.

December 27, 2014 at 9:13 pm | Reply
  13. Philip

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

December 27, 2014 at 9:14 pm | Reply
  14. Observer

And you dont? And i didn't see anyone you mentioned at all on this blog so have you lost your mind also? As a matter of fact, i pretty much only see nutso you!

December 27, 2014 at 9:51 pm | Reply
    • Philip

Eat sh/t and die, @Observer. Here's to hoping you got bobsnot all over you.

December 28, 2014 at 3:03 am | Reply
  15. Philip

First man says he can create a sun star. Now he says he can map the brain. What a lark. For man to build a computer that can match the human brain in memory capacity, that computer would have to be 3 feet tall and cover the entire surface of the earth.
    Puny little men sticking their bony little chests out is all this is. Along with their toothpick sized arms.

December 28, 2014 at 3:09 am | Reply
  16. Manpimp

Biatch. Go map me a brain. Lmao

December 28, 2014 at 3:10 am | Reply
  17. Philip

Funny (to me), not to you. I fell asleep yesterday right after working all day long, after buying myself a nice dinner and a small bottle of whiskey as rewards for my efforts. I drank 1/2 pint of whiskey and passed out right after work, and awoke just now...thinking it was 5am as usual. But it's 1am! Lmao. Now my little Mukazi from Uganda calls me her "whiskey whiskey dad". Lol. Ain't that cute? Sure it is. But not to the Fantabulous3. They will claim I made this up! No kidding. They really will. Bunch of freaking tards.

December 28, 2014 at 3:15 am | Reply
  18. Philip

Am going to UFO chat where over 100 people will be chatting all night long. GPS is the dead zone. See ya. Wouldn't want to be ya. Specially @bobscat.

December 28, 2014 at 3:17 am | Reply
  19. Philip

This very moment is the happiest I've ever been besides when my Leah was born. Yet, I am crying. Why? Because there is so much suffering going on in the world of mankind. I AM a gentle man in real life (not in the cloud where I cut loose), and so am not comfortable until everyone else is.
    Whatever. I am HAPPY right now. 🙂

December 28, 2014 at 3:35 am | Reply
  20. Philip

Can I touch you, or are you out of touch? She's a lot like you; the dangerous type. (on the radio now, The Cars)

December 28, 2014 at 3:39 am | Reply
  21. Philip

Can I bring you out in the light? My curiosity has me tonight. She's a lot like you; the dangerous type. Hold me tight. Tonight. What happened to The Cars? They didn't take the bribe and so faded away. (google professor Griff of Hall of Fame band Public enemy to know that a few men control the worl's music industry via bribery)

December 28, 2014 at 3:43 am | Reply
  22. Philip

Lol. Radar Love is playing on the radio now! LOL 🙂

December 28, 2014 at 3:45 am | Reply
  23. Philip

My baby calling say I need you here! lol

December 28, 2014 at 3:46 am | Reply
  24. Philip

We got a thing that's called radar love. 'Cept w/Donna is radar hate. 😦

December 28, 2014 at 3:47 am | Reply
  25. Philip

No more speed I'm almost there. Last quarter pass I'm almost there! News man sang his same song. One more radar lover gone! lol

December 28, 2014 at 3:50 am | Reply
  26. Philip

The challenge of understanding a mass of flesh with a computing power that boggles Bill Gate's mind, rather.

December 28, 2014 at 3:58 am | Reply
  27. Philip

You looked right thru me. Legendary Heart band is on the radio right now. Another band that did NOT take the bribe and so faded away, unlike Led Zep, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, etc etc etc.

December 28, 2014 at 4:09 am | Reply
  28. Philip

He's a magic man. 🙂

December 28, 2014 at 4:10 am | Reply
  29. Philip

Btw. If you are a paid professional using a heat gun to make a living, you have GOT to get a Steinel brand heat gun made in Switzerland. I went through over a dozen US made heat guns before I found my trusty Steinel a few years ago. American made heat guns are made to burn out after a year or so, so that you have to buy another one. My Steinel will last me the rest of my career, as opposed.
    It's a little bit heavy, but purrs like a kitten. And can go from room temperature to 1080 degrees in 6 seconds flat, and cool-down faster than that! I LOVE my trusty old Steinel brand heat gun and do not allow ANYONE but me to touch it. 🙂

December 28, 2014 at 4:20 am | Reply
  30. Philip

I have to be careful not to allow any Americans to use my Steinel. Americans are mostly careless and lazy, and so do stupid things like drop heat guns and break them.

December 28, 2014 at 4:25 am | Reply