December 27th, 2014

The challenge of mapping the brain

President Barack Obama announced the “BRAIN” Initiative in 2013. It's an effort to show the brain's neural circuits work together in real time. To find out more about efforts to map the brain, watch the "Moonshots" special on December 28 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET.

Zakaria: Is it more difficult to map the brain than it was to map the human genome, which took about, initially, 10 or 15 years?

Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist: It will take a lot of time.  Realize that the Human Genome Project only talked about maybe 20,000 genes or so that may that govern the human body. The brain has 100 billion neurons, each neuron connected to 10,000 other neurons.  That's as many stars as there are in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Wow!

Kaku: And so it will take time.

Post by:
Topics: Uncategorized

« Previous entry
  1. rupert

Besides Philip is above my post.
    What made u think I was addressing u?

December 28, 2014 at 8:54 am | Reply
  2. rupert

@ chrissy. Can u answer my question? Will wait till after church. Pay attention to the serman too. Don't daydream.

I am switching phones, thus a different I con.
    No I am not a troll. That is a myth.
    This 3G sux

December 28, 2014 at 9:04 am | Reply
  3. rupert

I hate this phone.

December 28, 2014 at 9:10 am | Reply
  4. rupert

I really do.

December 28, 2014 at 9:13 am | Reply
  5. Philip

Good morning little r. I trust you slept well.

December 28, 2014 at 9:27 am | Reply
  6. rupert

Good morning EUGENE. I see u don't sleep much. Interesting rants.

50% of what u post is interesting and worth thinking about.

50% is BS .

December 28, 2014 at 9:34 am | Reply
  7. rupert

I don't believe everything people say.

December 28, 2014 at 9:36 am | Reply
    • Philip

You don't? Ok. What made 3 towers fall on 9/11. Give me your answer without believing what you've been told to think. Go.

December 28, 2014 at 9:41 am | Reply
  8. rupert

If u would eliminate that 50% BS, u wouldn't be u. Everyone has there own footprint. Why try and change a personality?

Just my personal opinion, EUGENE.

December 28, 2014 at 9:40 am | Reply
    • Philip

Shut up and tell me why 3 towers "fell" on 9/11. And why the pile of rubble left after they "fell" only accounts for about 17% of the tower's mass. Go.

December 28, 2014 at 9:43 am | Reply
      • Philip

Awe. Is little poopert"s brain buzzing? He's seen that tiny pile of rubble that was whisked off to China for recycling before the FBI had even finished investigating...he knows it's not big enough to account for the mass of the entire buildings. But JUST NOW after being TOLD by me did it occur to him that that pile is too small to account for the mass of the buildings. Why? Because poopert is stupid is why.

December 28, 2014 at 9:51 am |
  9. bobsnot2me

The 2 French hens were roosters. That's why.

December 28, 2014 at 9:47 am | Reply
  10. Tori

I've heard much about brain mapping. However the topic doesn't seem relevant with all the garbage posts.

December 28, 2014 at 9:51 am | Reply
    • Philip

And your post is...what? Enlightening? Brave? Daring? Or the ramblings of an old dried-up cow.

December 28, 2014 at 9:54 am | Reply
      • Philip

...you guessed it. I'm not here to make friends like the girly man bobscat.

December 28, 2014 at 9:56 am |
      • rupert

That "girly man' was in the military and can ki ck your smart a..s..s.. anytime.

December 28, 2014 at 10:04 am |
      • Philip

Well, I risked MY life drilling for oil so you could have a little bit of gas in your car and a whole lot of prescription drugs. (Pharmacy products are derived from crude oil) And I could stomp bobscat into the ground with both hands tied behind my back. He's a scrawny excuse of a man.

December 28, 2014 at 10:31 am |
      • banasy©

No. You really couldn't. Your Napolean complex is showing.

December 28, 2014 at 12:10 pm |
      • Philip

Kiss ny ass you evil witch. I did IN FACT work in the oilfield from 1977-1996. I was the youngest man ever to become a driller (boss of roughneck crew) in the history of the Carmack Drilling corporation. I was 20 years old bossing 50 year olds around. I worked for Dreiling, Chase, Cardinal, Tidewater, Air Drilling Associates, etc, and worked on the 6th largest drilling rig in existence at the time, Parker rig 119. I've drilled all over the south and west USA, and in Peru, Spain, offshore California, and Germany where I worked my last contract drilling natural gas storage wells for the German government under contract with Oiltools International. I can tell you EVERYTHING about drilling without harming aquifers. I AM the current record holder for deepest well EVER drilled without contaminating the aquifer: ARCO job just west of Cedar City, Utah, where I supervised the drilling of a 21,210 ft. well. Even today's modern drilling manuals claim that drilling deeper than 10,000 feet using the aerated mud drilling technique is not feasible. But I did it, and that's a fcat you stupid biatch.

December 28, 2014 at 12:50 pm |
      • banasy©

So? What does that have to do with your stupid macho posturing?

December 28, 2014 at 1:05 pm |
  11. Philip

Al Gore's carbon footprint is as large as some small countries, yet he drives a Toyota Prius. Go figure.

December 28, 2014 at 9:58 am | Reply
  12. Tori

How can I be dried up old man. I am 22 and have my life ahead of me.

December 28, 2014 at 9:58 am | Reply
    • Philip

Oh! Well come right on over, cutie pie. he he

December 28, 2014 at 10:02 am | Reply
  13. rupert

Coockoo. Coockoo. Don't bother to tell me 9/11 was an inside job. If u do, Eugene u will raise my no and make me very very angry. U a.s.s. hole.

December 28, 2014 at 9:59 am | Reply
    • Philip

Coo coo. Where did the towers go? That pile of rubble only accounts for 17% of the mass of the structures according to scientists who examined it. Where did the towers go, poopert?

December 28, 2014 at 10:04 am | Reply
      • rupert

Ok Philip. Where is the rest of the towers.

December 28, 2014 at 10:06 am |
  14. rupert

Haha! Tori told u off, EUGENE

December 28, 2014 at 10:00 am | Reply
  15. Tori

Speaking of dried up old cows Philip, How is Mary?

December 28, 2014 at 10:01 am | Reply
    • Philip

I don't know something about Mary, Donna.

December 28, 2014 at 10:04 am | Reply
      • banasy©

Paranoid again?

December 28, 2014 at 12:11 pm |
  16. rupert

Stupid phone. I did not say no. I said ...b....p...

December 28, 2014 at 10:02 am | Reply
  17. Philip

Where did the towers go? According to scientists, they were turned into a giant cloud of dust.

December 28, 2014 at 10:07 am | Reply
  18. Tori

@ruper, he is trying to goad any of us into believing that 9/11 was an inside job. I like you disagree. He's been pulling this crap since 2011 when I first came on. If anyone dares to disagree the name calling starts.

December 28, 2014 at 10:10 am | Reply
  19. Philip

Have you ever seen videos of the naked 9/11 jumpers? People who took their clothes off and put them back on again in front of TV helicopter news cameras? Yup. They drew a line on the balcony, then walked across it wet from fire sprinklers and acted like they were being electrocuted. Then walked back across the line and acted like everything was ok. They did this over and over again until the heat became so intense they had to jump to their deaths. This was never shown on nationwide TV.
    That line was the edge of a giant Tesla free energy Blue Beam that literally turned the towers into dust. It even vaporized aluminum parts on over 1,400 cars and trucks that were immediately shipped to China for recycling in hopes none would notice.

December 28, 2014 at 10:12 am | Reply
  20. rupert

Hmmm. Coockoo says some of the 911 debris ended up in China.
    Wow. Typical ranting of a very very stupid man.

December 28, 2014 at 10:16 am | Reply
    • Philip

ALL of the scrap metal was shipped to China, poopert, as the FBI complained because they had not finished their investigation. Google it and see for yourself.

December 28, 2014 at 10:22 am | Reply
  21. rupert

@tori. He is so annoying. I'm no fan of George Bush. But to say he was part of it is so ignorant.

December 28, 2014 at 10:19 am | Reply
    • Tori

@rupert, I will catch you later. The conspiracy theories are too much.

December 28, 2014 at 10:57 am | Reply
      • Philip

Omg stop being so dramatic. You can simply ignore my posts you dumb girl.

December 28, 2014 at 11:03 am |
    • rupert

@tori. Roger that.
      Ignoring Philip's posts on 9.11 is like ignoring the smell of doggie poop.

December 28, 2014 at 11:20 am | Reply
  22. Philip

YOU are not smarter than professors with degrees in applied sciences and physics, "Tori" and poopert. Here. Read this and learn what scientists say happened to the 3 towers that day.

December 28, 2014 at 10:20 am | Reply
  23. Philip

9/11 victims family lawsuits which have YET to see their day in court, name George W. Bush and 26 members of the Bin Laden family as co-conspirators in the crime of 9/11.

December 28, 2014 at 10:24 am | Reply
  24. Philip

FBI whistle blower Sibel D. Edmonds and 28 Defense Department officials say investigations prove that GW Bush and the Bin Laden family conspired to commit the crime of 9/11. ALL of them remain under federal gag orders to this very day!

December 28, 2014 at 10:28 am | Reply
  25. rupert

9/11review.org. top part of the towers desinterated before they hit the ground like mini nukes.

That's what happened. Eugene. U nitwit.

December 28, 2014 at 10:34 am | Reply
    • Philip

Lmao. Ok, little r. What "disenterated" the "top part" of the towers, then.

December 28, 2014 at 10:47 am | Reply
  26. Philip

So far, 4 of the "terrorists" whose paper/plastic passports miraculously survived the intense heat and were "found" at ground zero have been seen alive. 3 of them have been killed by US drones, and the fourth man is currently hiding out in Iran.
    9/11 was IN FACT an inside job.

December 28, 2014 at 10:51 am | Reply
    • Philip

US drones that were illegally sent into Iranian airspace to assassinate the 4th "9/11 terrorist" had their controls taken over by advanced Iranian technology and were captured before they could kill him. Google it and see for yourself.

December 28, 2014 at 11:06 am | Reply
  27. rupert

Mapping Philip's brain is very difficult. Smaller than a proton.

December 28, 2014 at 11:04 am | Reply
    • Philip

Yours is smaller than a prion. Except you are uneducated and so do not know what a prion is.

December 28, 2014 at 11:07 am | Reply
  28. Philip

Chemtrails seen over all of the world's cities almost daily are evidence of evil men spraying anit-bacterial aerosols that kill bacteria that naturally fall from a cloud of dust that envelopes the earth.
    When we don't have the natural amount of bacteria falling, we become sick and so go to the pharmacy for relief. In the USA, it's so bad that Americans spend more on pharmacy products than on national defense.
    Ask any woman what happens when her delicate yeast-to-bacteria level is altered. She starts to stink and must go to the pharmacy for relief.

December 28, 2014 at 11:11 am | Reply

...or in the case of the Fantabulous3, sit around and sniff each other. Lol

December 28, 2014 at 11:18 am | Reply
  29. rupert

Coockoo Coockoo Coockoo. Coockoo.
    It smells like Philip doggie poop.

December 28, 2014 at 11:22 am | Reply
    • Philip

I don't have a dog anymore, poopert. I had to put-down Apache, my black lab. Because he got distemper. And thanks for reminding me of my beloved Apache. Am crying now remembering him. Kiss my ass Rupert.

December 28, 2014 at 11:34 am | Reply
      • Philip

...omg I miss my Apache. Fu*k you Rupert.

December 28, 2014 at 11:36 am |