December 27th, 2014

The challenge of mapping the brain

President Barack Obama announced the “BRAIN” Initiative in 2013. It's an effort to show the brain's neural circuits work together in real time. To find out more about efforts to map the brain, watch the "Moonshots" special on December 28 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET.

Zakaria: Is it more difficult to map the brain than it was to map the human genome, which took about, initially, 10 or 15 years?

Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist: It will take a lot of time.  Realize that the Human Genome Project only talked about maybe 20,000 genes or so that may that govern the human body. The brain has 100 billion neurons, each neuron connected to 10,000 other neurons.  That's as many stars as there are in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Wow!

Kaku: And so it will take time.

Post by:
Topics: Uncategorized

« Previous entry
  1. Philip

The US government has been steadily arming Israel's sworn enemies for many years now. Just as Rome turned on Israel and sacked The Temple in the year 70AD and killed or enslaved every Jew they could find is the Illuminati plan for Jews and Israel today. Uganda is currently being prepared to become the new home of Jews that survive Israel being invaded and occupied by enemies armed with US weapons.
    I don't care if you believe me. I've been studying these things for over 30 years and KNOW they are true.
    God did not stop Roman troops from murdering every single Jew they could find because it was those Jews who sat there and did nothing as His only-begotten son was murdered.

December 28, 2014 at 2:46 pm | Reply
  2. bobcat2u

Teacher to a student: "Can you think of a solution to end unemployment?"

"Yes, sir! I'd put all the men on one island and the women on another."

"And what would they be doing then?"

"Building boats!"

December 28, 2014 at 3:56 pm | Reply
  3. rupert

Yea. All building boats to get away from Philip. Lol.

December 28, 2014 at 4:02 pm | Reply
  4. Thomas

CNN/ORC Poll: Bush surges to 2016 GOP frontrunner.

Just when things are starting to rebound from GWMD Bush , it's time to elect another Bush .

Only in America !

December 28, 2014 at 5:56 pm | Reply
  5. Philip

Let's elect the mentally retarded Bush. Most of you don't know about the Bush family having a long history of men with big ears and eyes very close together in their faces. Sort of like the Prince of England looks that had Lady Di killed. Retarded Marvin Bush. You neber heard of him because you are not really into the news. You just come here to chit chat and gossip is all. Yes. YOU! 99% of Americans.
    Retarded Marvin Bush 2020! Vote the Idiocracy as you have been doing, you stupid f'ing 'mericans.

December 28, 2014 at 7:26 pm | Reply
  6. Marvin Bush

Heddo. My named is Marvin. Anded I aproveded of this messeges. (and you would still vote for him cuzz you are like him, not me)

December 28, 2014 at 7:29 pm | Reply
  7. Marvin Bush

My pillow Americans. As I sears this's solemn oatheses on this holdy bible, I want to gerruntee ya'lls that monster truck racing will be free on Friday nights as I pledged.

December 28, 2014 at 7:32 pm | Reply
  8. Philip

Reality check: You ALL know of JFK's daughter Caroline from news and song. How many of you "smart" news bloggers can tell me the name of his other daughter who was taken and held for ransom trying to get JFK to shut-up about Illuminati agents that had infiltrated the US gov? Illuminati JFK warned Columbia U students of 10 days before he was murdered. They lobotomized her, you know? No. You DON'T know because u r stupid. Go ahead. Speak her name without googling, Dogna Banutzi and the rest of ya's. You can't. Because you are all typical ignorant brainwashed blind flag waving fat stupid Americans.

December 28, 2014 at 7:48 pm | Reply
    • Tori

JFK had 2 stillborn children, The daughters name was Arabella. If she lived she would be 58 years old. His sister Rosemarie was lobotomized.

December 28, 2014 at 8:16 pm | Reply
  9. Philip

u dumb mudder fockers think Geo. Washington was the first president even. Omg. Dumber than boxes of rocks.

December 28, 2014 at 7:52 pm | Reply
  10. rupert

Coockoo Coockoo
    Philip eats doggie poop.
    Coockoo Coockoo lol

December 28, 2014 at 8:13 pm | Reply
    • Philip

I'll take that as a No, you never heard of JFK's other daughter and don't give a ratz ass anyway.

December 28, 2014 at 8:35 pm | Reply
  11. Philip

Good night, then. Zzzzzzz

December 28, 2014 at 8:36 pm | Reply
  12. rupert

Good night Eugene.

Coockoo. Coockoo

December 28, 2014 at 9:00 pm | Reply
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

None of the famous and active members of the Bush family is mentally challenged. You may not like their political views and actions, but if you think that the Bushes lack intelligence, the challenges in question belongs to you.
    Socially, both Bushes who served as president are warm, open, and secure, as is Barbara Bush.
    Over decades, I've been fortunate to meet quite a few persons reputed to be among the Illuminati. They are all smart cookies, and I don't think that the world could function well without the seizure of substantial power by a group of leaders.
    I doubt that they call themselves "Illuminati." That sounds as if it might be a high-school joke.

December 28, 2014 at 10:02 pm | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©

ERRATUM
      challenges...belong, not challenges...belongs.

December 28, 2014 at 10:05 pm | Reply
    • Philip

LOL. George W. Bush's IQ is about 110. And his youngest brother, Marvin, who worked at the Securacom corporation that had security contracts with the Trade Tower complex, Pentagon, Dulles airfield and Boston-Logan Airport is in fact mentally challenged. You don't know about the Bush family, Joe. You didn't even know the Securacom corp., whose offices were in the third tower that "fell" on 9/11, dissolved itself on 9/12 and never faced questioning by investigations appointed by congress. Nobody calls themselves "Illuminati" in public, either.

December 28, 2014 at 11:08 pm | Reply
  14. Philip

George W. Bush rayped Margie Schoedinger, Joe. And when she blew the whistle on him, she got killed. Fu*k tha t beady eyed little jerk. He even ripped off Usama Bin Laden's brother for 5 million bucks with his "Arbusto Energy" scam. Maybe you are too old to remember the famous Bush brothers Silverado Savings and Loan scandal?

December 28, 2014 at 11:12 pm | Reply
  15. Philip

Potato? wt hell? Are you sniffing glue or what. Good night you idiot.

December 28, 2014 at 11:19 pm | Reply
  16. Philip

I wish your grandparents had been ripped off by the Bush brothers Silverado Savings &Loan scandal. Maybe then you would say poetahtoe. Sweet prince? At hell?

December 28, 2014 at 11:54 pm | Reply
  17. Philip

*wt hell

December 28, 2014 at 11:56 pm | Reply
  18. rupert

Good night Philip. Mr pig

December 28, 2014 at 11:59 pm | Reply
  19. rupert

Coockoo. Coockoo.

December 29, 2014 at 12:04 am | Reply
  20. Philip

I am Philip. I live in utah. I drill holes. I am good at it since I am a hoe.
    I like doggie poop.
    Rupert is superior to me. He is my hero.

December 29, 2014 at 12:09 am | Reply
  21. Philip

I am half polish and half black.

December 29, 2014 at 12:10 am | Reply
  22. Philip

Knock it off rupert

December 29, 2014 at 12:16 am | Reply
  23. Philip

I am a ballerina. I wear a pink dress. I dance the
    N.u.t....cra.cker.

December 29, 2014 at 12:20 am | Reply
  24. rupert

Stfu Philip. Nobody cares about your ballerina skills.

December 29, 2014 at 12:21 am | Reply
  25. rupert

I had my backbone broken so I could give myself head, Philip.

December 29, 2014 at 12:22 am | Reply
    • rupert

Poser!

December 29, 2014 at 12:25 am | Reply
  26. rupert

D.A.M. SOME PEOPLE

December 29, 2014 at 12:22 am | Reply
  27. rupert

I was only 9 years old when I lost my virginity. To a chicken.

December 29, 2014 at 12:23 am | Reply
  28. rupert

If my thingy was made out of sandpaper my hands would be gone by now.

December 29, 2014 at 12:27 am | Reply
  29. rupert

Poser troll!

December 29, 2014 at 12:28 am | Reply
  30. rupert

A lot of people don't know this, but if you try real hard you can shove your arm up your own butt almost up to the elbow.

December 29, 2014 at 12:28 am | Reply