January 18th, 2015

Military intervention not solution to terrorist threat

Watch "Fareed Zakaria GPS," Sundays at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET on CNN

The Paris terror attacks were barbaric but also startling, leading many to ask what could be done to prevent this kind of terrorism in the future.

Well, one man has a clear answer. "That attack you saw in Paris? You'll see an attack in the United States," Senator John McCain told the New York Times. Elaborating on how to stop this from happening, he explained to the Times and to CNN that it would require a more aggressive American military strategy across the greater Middle East, with a no-fly zone and ground troops in Syria and more troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This theory was sometimes described during the Iraq war as, "We fight them there so we don't have to fight them here."

It was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Watch the video for the full Take or read the Washington Post column

Post by:
Topics: Fareed's Take

soundoff (1,721 Responses)
  1. chri§§y ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

I dont want it!!! Lol when is your birthday @ philip? Mine is one month from tomorrow.

January 25, 2015 at 10:30 pm | Reply
  2. chri§§y ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

I do not take politics out on you!!! Thats a stupid thing to say.

January 25, 2015 at 10:33 pm | Reply
  3. banasy©

Philip's compulsion to lie about people he's never met continues unabated.

Some of his better Tourette's Keyboard babyish outbursts:

Maybe bubutzi is rong about US?
    oh I am banasy. derr.
    my crusty panties hurt, she says.
    banasy and chrissy teets sag
    fu chrussty
    U smell like old, Chrussty.
    Bob is dumb.

Well, that "news blogger" sounds either very drunk, or is about 9.
    Since c/p is something even a drunken man with a 9 year-old maturity level is something he can accomplish, I'd say both.

And this lying ass wants to be taken seriously?

Pfft.

January 25, 2015 at 10:33 pm | Reply
  4. chri§§y ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

Yup pfft! I dont care what he thinks! He doesnt deserve my friendship anyway. Gn tho. Pretty tired. Ttyt @ banasy.

January 25, 2015 at 10:39 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

Goodnight, Chrissy.

January 25, 2015 at 10:53 pm | Reply
  5. Fred

Get back here. I ain't done with you two yet. he he 🙂

January 26, 2015 at 8:50 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

You never "began", in my eyes. Sorry.

January 27, 2015 at 10:34 am | Reply
  6. chri§§y

I think youre done when we say youre done!

January 26, 2015 at 9:13 pm | Reply
  7. chri§§y

Wow! First time in our history blogging, that you did something when i said to do it philip. Im gonna have to call Guiness though lmao!

January 26, 2015 at 11:59 pm | Reply
  8. chri§§y

Hmm im surprised we are still able to post here. Not that theres much to discuss anyway.

January 27, 2015 at 2:46 pm | Reply
  9. chri§§y

Animal Trivia~ A hippopotamus's skin is so thick, nearly 2 inches, it is believed to be bulletproof!

January 27, 2015 at 5:04 pm | Reply
    • Philip

Hippo's kill more people than sharks do.

January 29, 2015 at 10:57 pm | Reply
  10. Philip

Lol. Everyone is on the front page. 🙂

January 29, 2015 at 10:58 pm | Reply
  11. Philip

Hey! I said Pft first. Mockingbirdladies

January 29, 2015 at 11:00 pm | Reply
  12. Philip

Lol. "Military intervention not the solution."
    So. Were sending in the Brownie Scouts?

January 29, 2015 at 11:02 pm | Reply
  13. Philip

La la la. My own blog chart. Everyone is gone.
    "I'm so ronery. So ronery and owe awrone" "Kim Jung "America: World Police" song.
    Uh mare ick kuh! Fu*k Yeah!

January 29, 2015 at 11:06 pm | Reply
  14. chri§§y

Wrong! Go back to the 1st thread where you belong...with the troll. Youre both hateful and belong together!

January 29, 2015 at 11:32 pm | Reply
  15. chri§§y

And its called *ORNERY* if you wanta be nit picky which you like to be. Oh and btw since it seems to have escaped you its called Animal TRIVIA not which animal is the more dominate. Shark was NEVER mentioned!

January 29, 2015 at 11:37 pm | Reply
  16. Philip

Hey Chrissy. 🙂

January 29, 2015 at 11:52 pm | Reply
  17. Philip

Like it doesn't take much of a dominate animal to kill puny little men. Spiders could do it.
    It's not Hippos being more dominate than sharks. They are not. . Just more voracious killers of humans is all.

January 29, 2015 at 11:54 pm | Reply
  18. Philip

There are several YouTube vids of hippos chomping on people.

January 29, 2015 at 11:56 pm | Reply
  19. chri§§y

Philip it was a fluff trivia piece. And no where did i say hippos were man killers! I merely commented on the thickness of their skin. In fact it wasnt mentioned for a debate even!

January 30, 2015 at 12:03 am | Reply
  20. chri§§y

And now for the life of me i cant imagine how i ever missed chatting with you! Mustve been a momentary lapse in judgement because i shouldve remembered how much you like to verbally abuse me! Good nite!

January 30, 2015 at 12:10 am | Reply
  21. Philip

Oh. Fluff video. My bad. Zzzzzz

January 30, 2015 at 12:11 am | Reply
    • banasy©

I'm sure you are intimately familiar with "fluff video."

January 31, 2015 at 12:41 pm | Reply
  22. chri§§y

It wasnt a video it was just a trivia text i recieved and i was bored so i posted it. It sure as heck didnt require an arguement thats for sure.

January 30, 2015 at 12:26 am | Reply
  23. chri§§y

Did you argue with your parents alot like this when you were a kid too? Cant imagine it made your childhood very much fun huh? Thats probably a sign that it wasnt a droductive method and maybe you sould try a different course of action. Most people shy away from difficult and *ORNERY* people. Up to you tho. Chao!

January 30, 2015 at 12:35 am | Reply
    • Philip

My parents were hedonists...lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God. So of course I argued with them. I used to fight my mom when I was 6 years old to keep her from shoving aspirin or Pepto-Bismol down my throat at the slightest sign of me being ill. My mom almost fainted the first time she ever heard me say "I'm sorry". I was 11 years old if I recall. Even a child can see if his or her own parents are wicked.

January 30, 2015 at 9:53 am | Reply
      • banasy©

Parents can see when their child is wicked, also; see The Bad Seed.

January 31, 2015 at 12:43 pm |
  24. chri§§y

*productive* i meant

January 30, 2015 at 12:41 am | Reply
  25. Nelson

Why don't both of you just Stfu.

January 30, 2015 at 6:06 am | Reply
  26. chri§§y

Whats the matter is the 1st thread too full @ Nelson aka rupert?

January 30, 2015 at 8:35 am | Reply
  27. chri§§y

And aint you just the mort intelligent one to post 6 freakin hours after we talked to tell us to stfu? Lol OBVIOUSLY we had already! Dummy.

January 30, 2015 at 8:41 am | Reply
    • Philip

Stfu

January 30, 2015 at 9:54 am | Reply
  28. chri§§y

Ya know you can stop with the STFU crap philip! You werent the ONLY one with the rough childhood! My mother was a drunkard so i went thru plenty of abuse myself! Especially as i was the oldest. As for you....you CHOSE to let it define you into a hateful S O B as an adult! I CHOSE to make sure i didnt become what she was and to be a better person in spite of my childhood. So if you only saught me out to argue keep going!!!

January 30, 2015 at 10:30 am | Reply
  29. chri§§y

And i guess i should correct my earlier post to @ Nelson aka PHILIP! Spineless wonder of the world!

January 30, 2015 at 10:35 am | Reply
  30. chri§§y

And i dont believe youve EVER in your lifetime used the words IM SORRY! For the record im not that same woman who not so long ago thought you were the greatest thing since sliced bread, and was so gullible i believed everything you said. So just save it ok! And LEAVE ME ALONE!

January 30, 2015 at 10:42 am | Reply