January 18th, 2015

Military intervention not solution to terrorist threat

Watch "Fareed Zakaria GPS," Sundays at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET on CNN

The Paris terror attacks were barbaric but also startling, leading many to ask what could be done to prevent this kind of terrorism in the future.

Well, one man has a clear answer. "That attack you saw in Paris? You'll see an attack in the United States," Senator John McCain told the New York Times. Elaborating on how to stop this from happening, he explained to the Times and to CNN that it would require a more aggressive American military strategy across the greater Middle East, with a no-fly zone and ground troops in Syria and more troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This theory was sometimes described during the Iraq war as, "We fight them there so we don't have to fight them here."

It was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Watch the video for the full Take or read the Washington Post column

Post by:
Topics: Fareed's Take

soundoff (1,716 Responses)
  1. Philip

Moo. Moo. A cow call. Lmao ūüôā

February 2, 2015 at 10:54 am | Reply
    • banasy¬©

Your mom's calling? Better answer. ūüôā

February 2, 2015 at 10:57 am | Reply
  2. Philip

Try responding to other than my person, Banasy. What about BushObama buddies House of Says beheading women in the streets? Illegal Mexicans mowing yards instead of how American kids used to do before XBOX. Palestinians wanting to defend themselves from illegal IDF invaders. Get real, lady.

February 2, 2015 at 11:06 am | Reply
    • Philip

House of Saud, rather. The saudomites.

February 2, 2015 at 11:10 am | Reply
    • banasy¬©

You've got to be kidding.

You've done nothing but tell lies about me and my family since...forever.

And now you say stupid things like "Try responding to other than my person, Banasy?"

February 2, 2015 at 11:26 am | Reply
  3. Philip

You really need to understand that if there is such a thing as a Bull around here, I am it. Making you a cow, and Bob a steer! Lmao

February 2, 2015 at 11:08 am | Reply
    • banasy¬©

"Try to respond to something other than my person" followed immediately by this post. Hypocrite.

February 2, 2015 at 11:39 am | Reply
    • banasy¬©

Although I agree there's a lot of bullshit being flung around here.

February 2, 2015 at 1:43 pm | Reply
  4. banasy©

Welp, someone's rambling again, talking to himself.

Off to a real conversation with someone that's not been diagnose clinically insane.

February 2, 2015 at 11:08 am | Reply
    • Philip

Too hot to handle, eh?
      And I was diagnosed "manic depressive" not clinically insane as you lie about me once again. MANIC DEPRESSIVE. Which is now catch-phrased as being "bi-polar". I could use my medical condition as an excuse to stop working right now. And draw almost $1,800 per month in disability pay. And still work illegally for cash on the side as millions of lazy fat fock Americans already do. But then there is God to consider.

February 2, 2015 at 11:15 am | Reply
      • banasy¬©

Please tell me how you got that I was talking about you when I said "Welp, someone’s rambling again, talking to himself.

Off to a real conversation with someone that’s not been diagnose clinically insane."

I don't care what you were diagnosed with anymore; you use it to treat people as abominably as you please, then whine for understanding. Your mental illness has nothing to do with how you treat people.

Try responding to other than my person and family, Philip.

I don't lie. And I certainly don't blame some weird test for my constant lying, as you do.

Get a clue.

February 2, 2015 at 11:31 am |
  5. chri§§y

Perhaps you would do better to take that soap box out to a cow pasture philip! Those cows would let you yak and yak and wouldnt bother them a bit. Or better yet a pig pen cuz you would fit right in! But do me a favor...make sure the pigs havent been fed yet...cuz they would hang on every word you say! You would truly get the appreciation you feel you deserve there boy! Lmfao!

February 2, 2015 at 11:13 am | Reply
  6. Philip

Admit 9/11 was an inside job, Chrissy you little sidewinder.

February 2, 2015 at 11:17 am | Reply
  7. chri§§y

Just think philip....them pigs wouldnt even argue with you! They would think you were their God! !!! Yep i think thats where you should book your next speech! Dont you agree @ banasy?

February 2, 2015 at 11:19 am | Reply
  8. Philip

Copy/paste of text Chrissy sent me yesterday:
    Ok for example~the 9/11 inside job. You ALREADY know i believe that to be true yet you repeatedly say i dont and then continue to lecture me on that. Chrissy

February 2, 2015 at 11:22 am | Reply
    • banasy¬©

Best thing she can do is block you, as I did. Never regretted blocking you and your grasping, man-hungry sycophant.

Just because you're online or texting, doesn't mean the basic rules of social interaction suddenly don't apply.

February 2, 2015 at 12:00 pm | Reply
  9. chri§§y

Plus you would finally get the fame you so richly deserve. CNNs headline would be"Philip, the pied piper of pigs...."

February 2, 2015 at 11:23 am | Reply
  10. Philip

Pigs are vicious animals. The very most dangerous ones on any farm. Would rather be ran over by a herd of stampeding cattle than to have my foot stepped on by one big fat pig. Omg it hurts when a pig steps on your foot. Or a banasy gets assy with me.

February 2, 2015 at 11:26 am | Reply

Philip

You too @banasy. I love you. Am so sorry being a pig. ūüė¶

January 31, 2015 at 9:16 pm

February 2, 2015 at 11:33 am | Reply
    • Cuchumber

What has more germs? A va gina or an an us?

February 2, 2015 at 11:34 am | Reply
  11. Philip

Chrissy says 9/11 was an inside job. What say you @ banasy?

February 2, 2015 at 11:28 am | Reply
    • banasy¬©

I'll remind you again of the 9th Commandment, and to keep your words out of other people's mouths.

I told you my thoughts about 9/11 years ago. Either put your little thinking cap in and try to remember it, or admit you're an alcoholic with frequent blackouts and can't remember.

February 2, 2015 at 11:37 am | Reply
  12. Philip

In order to slop the hogs correctly, a vigorous welfare program must be installed.

February 2, 2015 at 11:30 am | Reply

Philip

You too @banasy. I love you. Am so sorry being a pig. ūüė¶

January 31, 2015 at 9:16 pm

February 2, 2015 at 11:34 am | Reply
      • Cuchumber

Banasy, never share your but.plug with anyone. Especially Philip. You may catch something.

February 2, 2015 at 11:36 am |
      • banasy¬©

Don't have one, don't know why you think I would.

February 2, 2015 at 11:49 am |
  13. COMMENTS SECTION HAS BEEN CLOSED

February 2, 2015 at 11:31 am | Reply
  14. chri§§y

Awww arent you cute philip! Ive said a 100 times that i believe our govt had a whole lot to do with 9/11! Ive also told YOU its a very painful subject for me to talk about because i STILL miss my sister horribly! But you, being the selfish b@st@rd that you are only care about making your points no matter how off topic they are or WHO YOU HURT IN THE PROCESS! Well you made it now go to he!! ok!

February 2, 2015 at 11:36 am | Reply
  15. Philip

So! Bill Clinton knew all along that 9/11 was an inside job and said nothing but did pork a fat chick. (If a Chrissy or an @banasy could figure it out obviously a Rhodes Scholar could.
    What do you think about Billy C. keeping the truth about 9/11 a secret ? Hmmm?

February 2, 2015 at 11:47 am | Reply
  16. chri§§y

Thats EXACTLY why i suggested the pig pen in the 1st place philip! Best way to shut you up for good!!!

February 2, 2015 at 11:49 am | Reply
  17. Philip

There is no such thing as an alcoholic. And obesity is not a disease in spite of what the AMA says. Get a freaking clue lady.

February 2, 2015 at 11:51 am | Reply
    • banasy¬©

Lol. Sure. Keep rationalizing your stupid, shitty behavior any way you can.

February 2, 2015 at 11:53 am | Reply
    • banasy¬©

And I've got the clue; it says you will continue to excuse your behavior while condemning others for theirs like the hypocrite you are.

You need 50 shades of Jesus and some sensitivity training.

February 2, 2015 at 12:05 pm | Reply
  18. chri§§y

Fock the blocking im just changing the number!

February 2, 2015 at 12:23 pm | Reply
    • banasy¬©

Wise idea, Chrissy. Best way to deal with someone's long distance sick is to make sure they cannot inflict it on you.

February 2, 2015 at 12:43 pm | Reply
  19. banasy©

Going through the archives. Found an exchange between bitterman, her, and I.

Truly hilarious.

February 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm | Reply

*raven and I.

Typical woman bashing nonsense, and our responses to it.

Dude cycles his material over and over and over and over like the stupid drunk uncle who recycles his same old boring stories 9,263 times and thinks nobody notices.

February 2, 2015 at 12:46 pm | Reply
  20. Cuchumber

CNN will close comments soon. Tic tok. Tik tok.

February 2, 2015 at 1:04 pm | Reply
    • banasy¬©

I hope it's today, so I don't have to read the sick ramblings of a disturbed man, anymore.

February 2, 2015 at 1:35 pm | Reply
  21. chri§§y

Lol i know thats true. Am listening to #9264 right now in fact!

February 2, 2015 at 1:08 pm | Reply
  22. chri§§y

Well thank God cuchumber! Today would be good!

February 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm | Reply
  23. chri§§y

And the majority of it is comming from the biggest the slimeball on the planet!

February 2, 2015 at 2:48 pm | Reply
    • But seriously...

Bill Clinton. Not me.

February 2, 2015 at 4:44 pm | Reply
      • banasy¬©

Your obsession with BC is weird. Do you frequently obsess over men this much?

Dumb question. Yes.

Clinton lied. And owned up to it. Have you? Other than make up some bs excuse to not take any responsibility for your lies?

February 2, 2015 at 5:12 pm |
  24. But seriously...

Did she call my mom a cow? Why yes, she did. And she hasn't even seen one single picture of my fit and trim mother. I on the other hand used to be a FB friend of hers and dud actually see her family photos there. Both she and her 2 daughters are in fact butt ugly. She looks like her face caught on fire and Grampa put it out with a shovel. Her two daughters look like they are going to get pregnant, drop their kids off on grannie, put on even more dark makeup than usual, and go man shopping for the evening. Swear to God.

February 2, 2015 at 4:51 pm | Reply
    • banasy¬©

Using the sane methodology you use: imagination.

You do not know what what me or my family look like; and I'm searing to God, you just broke the the 3rd Commandment, in addition to the 9th in lying about what my family does.

Again.

You really do not have any compunction being the biggest lying hypocrite on the planet, do you?

I'm glad I don't have to answer to God with your laundry list of sins.

Oh, I do know what you look like; you sent me that picture of you sitting at your desk by an old broke down computer. You have a face that looks like clamydia. Think Charlie Manson eyes burning a hole in pictures of little children, and you'll get the picture why it is abjectly wrong to stalk teenager's FB and then lie about what you see.

Describe my kids again? Hair color? Height? What they were wearing?

You think your fucking mother, who did nothing to help you while you were supposedly "abused", deserves any respect from me at all when you constantly bash people you've never laid eyes on?

Nope. And, nope.

February 2, 2015 at 5:04 pm | Reply
      • banasy¬©

"And I’m searing to God, you just broke the the 3rd Commandment" should be "And in swearing to God".

No matter. God knows who is lying and who isn't.

Hint: it's not me lying. Or pretending to use some psychological test administered in some jail to excuse the fact that a pathological liar cannot change his behavior, and we're all supposed to feel so, so sorry for poor little emotionally stunted Philip.

Not one ounce of pity. Not anymore. You've lied too much.

February 2, 2015 at 5:10 pm |
  25. chri§§y

What could you possibly hope to gain by this behavior @ philip???? Makes absolutely no sense to me how....one minute youre madly in love with her and the next....THIS! Dude you got some very serious issues!

February 2, 2015 at 5:11 pm | Reply
    • banasy¬©

He is disturbed. And in being denied knowing me, he makes it up. And having been shown what a liar he is, (by his own words and admission) them proceeds to swear to God, while making up even MORE lies.

He has no endgame, other than to wallow in his own misery, of his own making.

February 2, 2015 at 5:16 pm | Reply
    • But seriously...

She called my mom a cow, Chrissy. And without ever seeing a picture of her.

February 2, 2015 at 5:18 pm | Reply
      • banasy¬©

And you called me and my daughters cows. Without ever seeing pictures of us, either.

How can you act so outraged when you do the same damned thing?!? Don't you see the hypocrisy at all?!?

February 2, 2015 at 5:32 pm |
  26. But seriously...

Lol. I did see pictures on your FB page. You might recall I chastised you for not listing yourself as being married and leaving the line blank where almost all married women name their husbands.
    Yous are in fact butt ugly.

February 2, 2015 at 5:16 pm | Reply
    • banasy¬©

Lol, no, you didn't. You should probably stop trying to convince people you have; you have zero credibility.

And you still can't even retain what you were told just yesterday, can you?

That's your illness. Not mine.

You were told at the time you "chastised" (haHA!) me the reason. And you still cannot recall it, can you?
      But you still are on that infinite loop of pretending that even matters, or that it is somehow damning behavior. It isn't.

Tsk. Were you severely beaten around the head frequently as a kid? Because you exhibit the same symptoms as football players do, but you are singularly not athletic.

February 2, 2015 at 5:22 pm | Reply
  27. But seriously...

You posted pics of your daughters on your FB page you old lying hag. I didn't stalk your girls you idiot.

February 2, 2015 at 5:23 pm | Reply
    • banasy¬©

No, I didn't. They had their own FB page. The only child whose picture I posted was my son. That you commented on at the time. That you forgot existed.

You have no credibility, and you will akways be known as the man who lied about people in order to score some sick points in your sick little game of trying to one-up people.

You fail.

Your memory is shot, Philip. Admit it and move on to the next stage of your sad, pathetic little life; figure out who you're going to attack next when this blog is no longer available. All the while claiming persecution when you get what you give, you hypocrite.

February 2, 2015 at 5:30 pm | Reply
  28. But seriously...

Huh? I can still run circles around most 25 year old men and can hoop with the gangsters down at Memorial Park and win much of time. I was a sports star in my hometown as a schoolboy...MVP football 1972, city record holder for one mile run in JHS. Tennis great, soccer star, coach, and referee, cross country team star, etc etc etc. I only publicly dated cheerleaders, namely Nancy McCandless head cheerleader Moffat County HS 1977. And the lovely Ruby Haley, a black chick I dated to get back at my racist dad and Grampa, 1976 Palmer HS. Of course I had other g/F's I was and am a studly man.
    You do not know me at all.

February 2, 2015 at 5:36 pm | Reply
    • banasy¬©

How'd you do all of that when you dropped out of school 40 years ago at age 15?
      4. Decades. Ago.

Not that I believe one word; self-aggrandizing and braggart stories is all you have left at the end of the day.

February 2, 2015 at 5:52 pm | Reply
  29. But seriously...

Lol. My Grampa rented me a limo for my Junior Prom. You should have seen the look on his Old Navy racist face when the hot and black cheerleader Ruby Haley got out of that car. Omg. Priceless. ūüôā

February 2, 2015 at 5:44 pm | Reply
    • banasy¬©

How'd you go to Junior Prom when you were a drop out?

February 2, 2015 at 6:40 pm | Reply
  30. chri§§y

OMG! So she called your mom a cow, big fat furry deal! Is that worse than YOU calling both her and i the "c" word??? He!! no it aint! Get over it already damn! Now youre acting like a brat instead of a grown ass man! And her daughters didnt do crap to you so why do you gotta bring them into it! Youve done plenty of crappy things to banasy over the years but this is by far the worst. Right now i wish i had never known you!!!!

February 2, 2015 at 5:55 pm | Reply