January 18th, 2015

Military intervention not solution to terrorist threat

Watch "Fareed Zakaria GPS," Sundays at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET on CNN

The Paris terror attacks were barbaric but also startling, leading many to ask what could be done to prevent this kind of terrorism in the future.

Well, one man has a clear answer. "That attack you saw in Paris? You'll see an attack in the United States," Senator John McCain told the New York Times. Elaborating on how to stop this from happening, he explained to the Times and to CNN that it would require a more aggressive American military strategy across the greater Middle East, with a no-fly zone and ground troops in Syria and more troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This theory was sometimes described during the Iraq war as, "We fight them there so we don't have to fight them here."

It was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Watch the video for the full Take or read the Washington Post column

Post by:
Topics: Fareed's Take

soundoff (1,719 Responses)
  1. chri§§y ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

You humiliated YOURSELF not me, youre just too STUPID to realise it! And i am NOT twisting words from the bible. That is an EXACT quote! Tell us again how you LIED to all of us here...you said you were rayped as a boy by a priest! YOU told all of us that. Then the other day you said you never said that! You LIED twice!

January 19, 2015 at 8:40 pm | Reply
    • Philip

January 19, 2015 at 8:43 pm | Reply

Revisit Exodus 21:22-25.
        If the baby dies, but the wife is fine, a fine shall be paid.
        If the WIFE dies, THEN it is death: that's the famous "eye for an eye" Chapter.

Will you get it right, please?!?

January 19, 2015 at 9:26 pm |
  2. chri§§y ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

Your statement is just your typical method of worming your way out of the hole you dug for yourself. Ok the stench around you is horrid! Good nite!

January 19, 2015 at 8:43 pm | Reply
    • Philip

God's commandments are clear: KILL the person who accidently bumps into a pregnant woman and causes her to miscarry. How much more so a fornicating female and Planned Parenthood MD..

January 19, 2015 at 8:45 pm | Reply

Exodus Chapter 21
        22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart [from her], and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges [determine].

23 And if [any] mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25 Burning for burning, wound for wound,

Now, shut UP!

January 19, 2015 at 9:29 pm |
  3. Philip

Stop saying "good night" and just do it. You stupid old hag.

January 19, 2015 at 8:46 pm | Reply
  4. Philip On Topic

Yes. Military intervention is the ONLY way to crush the over 33,000 armed and organized to do badness American street and outlaw biker gangs. ONLY the might of the US Military can possibly kill them all!

January 19, 2015 at 8:49 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

Nope, because this is not the function of the US Military; it is the function of local law enforcement.

Where this garbage originated from:

January 19, 2015 at 9:31 pm | Reply
  5. Philip On Topic

Am happy that the US gov has been arming Israel's sworn enemies these past few years. And with the latest weaponry. Can hardly wait till those that deny Christ are either killed, or rounded-up and placed in forced labor camps already being built for greedy Jews in Uganda.

January 19, 2015 at 8:53 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

I knew you were a Nazi sympathizer. Bet you're one of those profoundly ill people that think the Jewish people deserved the Holocaust.

Of course, the other 6 million people were just collateral damage, amirite?

January 19, 2015 at 9:35 pm | Reply
  6. Philip On Topic

In a matter of time, there will be no greedy Jews among US. They will all be arrested, and thrown into forced labor camps in Uganda. So...we will no longer have to wonder why there are no Jews in court.

January 19, 2015 at 8:57 pm | Reply
  7. Philip On Topic

God did in fact turn the mighty Roman Empire loose on greedy Jews in the year 66AD. (AD. Anno Domini. In the day of our Lord) And by the year 70AD, Romans had either killed every freaking Jew they could find or enslaved them for what they did: Stand by and say NOTHING as Jesus was being persecuted.

January 19, 2015 at 8:59 pm | Reply
  8. Philip On Topic

Who here cares to debate me on my above posts? Bob? Dogna? Anyone? Joey?

January 19, 2015 at 9:00 pm | Reply
  9. Philip

Donna? You are freaking stupid.

January 19, 2015 at 9:11 pm | Reply

Philip? No, I'm not.

January 19, 2015 at 9:37 pm | Reply
  10. Philip

Israel is the scourge of the earth. Care to debate?

January 19, 2015 at 9:15 pm | Reply
  11. Philip

bbl

January 19, 2015 at 9:16 pm | Reply
  12. Philip

No fornicating female need reply. God knows who you all are.

January 19, 2015 at 9:26 pm | Reply
  13. Philip

And notice there are no Jews on our chatboards.

January 19, 2015 at 9:27 pm | Reply
    • Philip

Jews are greedy, sayeth The Lord. And have no time for US gentiles. Obviously.

January 19, 2015 at 9:28 pm | Reply
      • banasy©

Christians are just as greedy. Get a clue.

January 19, 2015 at 9:41 pm |
      • Philip MC

"Professed Christians" you mean. you stupid woman. For Gandhi said "I love Jesus Christ. Yet, I despise Christians. For Christians do not live as Christ lived." They live like Donnas and Chrissys. Hags.

January 19, 2015 at 9:52 pm |
      • banasy©

Uh huh. You proceed to be Christian; you display no Christian qualities, however.

January 19, 2015 at 9:56 pm |

*profess

Obviously, you pay lip service to God and Jesus without actually walking the walk.

January 19, 2015 at 9:58 pm |
  14. Philip

January 19, 2015 at 9:30 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

God judges, and so do you, you lying hypocrite.

Except you word means nothing.

January 19, 2015 at 9:45 pm | Reply
  15. Philip

Nope. God judges children by what their parents do. So sad many Jewish children will suffer. But is God's way..

January 19, 2015 at 9:32 pm | Reply
  16. Philip

OK. Philip M focking C it is. Highway to Catholic Hell. Enjoi

January 19, 2015 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  17. Philip MC

Submit Corrections Cancel

Living easy, living free
    Season ticket on a one-way ride
    Asking nothing, leave me be
    Taking everything in my stride
    Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
    Ain't nothing I'd rather do
    Going down, party time
    My friends are gonna be there too, yeah

I'm on the highway to hell
    on the highway to hell
    highway to hell
    I'm on the highway to hell

No stop signs, speed limit
    Nobody's gonna slow me down
    Like a wheel, gonna spin it
    Nobody's gonna mess me round
    Hey satan, payed my dues
    Playing in a rocking band
    Hey momma, look at me
    Im on my way to the promised land
    OWWW

on the highway to...HELL
    highway to hell
    I'm on the highway to hell
    highway to hell
    highway to hell
    highway to hell
    momma, highway to highway to hell

And I'm going down, all the way down
    I'm on the highway to hell

Read more: AC/DC – Highway To Hell Lyrics | MetroLyrics

January 19, 2015 at 9:36 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

I noticed that you completely ignored my posting Scripture refuting what you said.

Why?

January 19, 2015 at 9:39 pm | Reply
  18. Philip MC

Oh Yeah! Eat drink and be merry. For tomorrow we all die.
    Next up? hmmmm What song exposes Americans more than that one? I will find one. brb

January 19, 2015 at 9:38 pm | Reply
  19. Philip MC

Oh Yeahh! Here's one for you dumb mother fockers.

We got somethin', we both know it, we don't talk too much about it
    Ain't no real big secret, all the same, somehow we get around it
    Listen, it don't really matter to me baby
    You believe what you want to believe, you see

You don't have to live like a refugee
    (Don't have to live like a refugee)

Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have kicked you around some
    Tell me why you want to lay there, revel in your abandon
    Honey, it don't make no difference to me baby
    Everybody has to fight to be free, you see

[Chorus:]
    You don't have to live like a refugee
    (Don't have to live like a refugee)
    No baby you don't have to live like a refugee
    (Don't have to live like a refugee)

Baby we ain't the first
    I'm sure a lot of other lovers been burned
    Right now it seems real to you, but it's
    One of those things you gotta feel to be true

Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have kicked you around some
    Who knows maybe you were kidnapped tied up,
    Taken away and held for ransom
    Honey, it don't make no difference to me, baby
    Everybody has to fight to be free, you see

January 19, 2015 at 9:42 pm | Reply

Tom Petty.

This describes you very well.

January 19, 2015 at 9:47 pm | Reply
  20. Philip MC

Who knows? Maybe @banasy was raiped by a friend. he he

January 19, 2015 at 9:44 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

Not a friend; why do you feel you have to lie? You only diminish what you said happened to you when you mock others in some strange attempt to....what? Make me angry? It doesn't. It makes me pity your attempt, and you.

Oh. I know. You act out because I prove you wrong and a liar at every turn; like the childish bully you are, you act out in an attempt to wound. It failed.

Philip? My rape hasn't defined my life as it has yours.

It's another part if the journey that is life.

Your childhood (if that's even true) is the only thing you have; it IS you.
      You've let it run your life.
      You cannot move past it.
      It's your ticket to pity. That's not a life; that is an existence.

January 19, 2015 at 9:55 pm | Reply
  21. Cow in a Bottle ©

Bobby Jindal is a cok s ukking muther f ukker of Indian origin who rayped his sister and fled India.
    He has since sought refuge in the catholic church in America and is busy f ukking boys. He is a sand monkey and looks like one.

January 19, 2015 at 9:44 pm | Reply
    • Philip MC

Ummm. We Americans could give a ratz ass about your little India difficulties. We got fat ugly women to deal with. Not to mention lazy men fraudulently collecting military disability and lazy fat focks claiming to be disabled but could work. God sees them, you know.

January 19, 2015 at 10:00 pm | Reply
  22. Philip MC

The climate is warming and the weather is miserable. The freaking earth has been warming into the global Paradise Jesus spoke of for thousands of years. Puny little men have polluted this earth and caused drastic changes in weather patterns. NOT in God causing the earth to warm, you stupid mother fockers. A song:

Well the times are getting hard for you, little girl
    I'm a humming and a strumming all over god's world
    You can't remember when you got your last meal
    And you don't know just how a woman feels

You didn't know what rock and roll was
    Until you met my drummer on a grey tour bus
    I got there in the nick of time
    Before he got his hands across your state line

Now it's the middle of the night on the open road
    And the heater don't work and it's oh so cold
    You're looking tired, you're looking kind of beat
    The rhythm of the street sure knocks you off your feet

You didn't know how rock and roll looked
    Until you caught your sister with the guys from the group
    Half way home in the parking lot
    By the look in her eye she was giving what she got

My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby
    My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby
    My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby

Woman you're a mess going to die in your sleep
    There's blood on my amp and my Les Paul's beat
    Can't keep you home, you're messing around
    My best friend told me you're the best lick in town

You didn't know that rock and roll burned
    So you bought a candle and you lived and you learned
    You got the rhythm you got the speed
    Mama's little baby likes it short and sweet

My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby
    My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby
    My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby

I didn't know you had a rock and roll record
    Until i saw your picture on another guy's jacket
    You told me I was the only one
    But look at you now, it's dark and you're gone

My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby
    My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby
    My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby
    My, my, my, I'm once bitten, twice shy, baby

So shy, so shy, so shy, so shy
    So shy, so shy, so shy, so shy

January 19, 2015 at 9:48 pm | Reply
  23. Cow in a Bottle ©

Bobby Jindal raiped the choir boy in his local church on the altar. He goes around rayping the neighborhood boys in the name of hinduism. He is a chicken masala mother f okking sand higga.

January 19, 2015 at 9:52 pm | Reply
  24. Philip MC

highway to catholic hell. a classic adored by dumb biatches like dogna here.

January 19, 2015 at 9:54 pm | Reply
    • banasy©

Not a fan of AC/DC, so no, once again you're incorrect.

Although I find your choice of band to be interesting; are you subliminally confessing something?

January 19, 2015 at 10:00 pm | Reply
      • Philip MC

Pump off, squaw. Said my grand father of biathes like you and your cavernous kunt holes.

January 19, 2015 at 10:10 pm |
      • banasy©

Well, I don't think it's cavernous; my husband seems to enjoy it.

Of course, I have borne three children; not choosing to abort as you did with two of yours.

Unsurprised that misogyny runs in your family, though.

Pumping off is, I'm sure, the only activity you'll ever experience again.

January 19, 2015 at 10:16 pm |
  25. Philip MC

"Burn in HELL you fa gg ot", they say.

January 19, 2015 at 9:55 pm | Reply
    • Philip MC

.. and then vote for a gay man. Who really are the fa gs?

January 19, 2015 at 9:56 pm | Reply
  26. Cow in a Bottle ©

Bobby Jindal ya hindoo b@st@rd come s ukk bubba's d ikk.

January 19, 2015 at 9:58 pm | Reply
    • Philip MC

So what? @ Cow lady.

January 19, 2015 at 10:01 pm | Reply
  27. Philip MC

Stop interrupting my Philip MC show you fat hog. Thanks.

January 19, 2015 at 10:02 pm | Reply
  28. Philip MC

No cow can fit in a bottle. So, you are flawed from the outset. Got it? Or is "outset" a new word for your fat lazy no-tax paying American fat ass?

January 19, 2015 at 10:04 pm | Reply
  29. Philip MC

Cow in a bottle. That is so freaking stupid. ON:LY an fat fock "American" could come-up with THAT stupid screen name. Duh.

January 19, 2015 at 10:06 pm | Reply
  30. Philip MC

"Cow in a bottle" is a fat focking American. Duh.

January 19, 2015 at 10:08 pm | Reply