March 27th, 2011

Quiz: Cheating at chess and why Medvedev rebuked Putin

How much do you know about the world? This week test your knowledge on questions about what animal is being stolen from an Australian island, why Medvedev rebuked Putin, and how French chess players are cheating.

You can take more quizzes here.

If you've got great ideas for future quiz questions, let us know.

Post by:
Topics: Quiz

1. Mike

george bush horns is also a satanic symbol.. .

March 27, 2011 at 2:38 pm |
  2. tomek

Koalas are not bears

March 27, 2011 at 5:57 pm |
    • Thomas

I beg to disagree! I was savagely attacked by a pack of ferocious, man-eating koalas once. I was surveying for possible sites for an ocelot farm when my crew and I were surrounded by about 20 feral koalas, hungry for blood. Some of the guys insisted they were hamsters, but everyone knows hamsters are a myth.

March 27, 2011 at 7:28 pm |
      • Aeroman

LMAO you sarcastic sob!! hahahahaha!!

March 28, 2011 at 1:20 am |
  3. dyson

it would be nice if they had links to the stories that were used in the quiz.

March 27, 2011 at 7:13 pm |
    • just saying........

Totally agree, wish there had been links to the stories.

March 28, 2011 at 1:58 am |
  4. Carmine

Knowing nothing specific concerning any of the 10 topics, I was able to score 5 correct responses out of 10 simply by applying general knowledge of world politics and human nature. Do I get bonus points?

March 27, 2011 at 7:58 pm |
    • Brian

what, you want a brownie button for that? 5 is a FAIL, excuses aside for not having done your homework. I suppose the dog at it, huh?

March 27, 2011 at 11:23 pm |
    • just saying........

I'll give you a browine Carmine, I managed to only get four right using my 'general knowledge". 🙁

March 28, 2011 at 1:59 am |
  5. barbara Kalmoutis

Mr. Zakaria...I am a loyal listener to your programs.. In May 20ll there will be very big memorials in Greece...The famous BATTLE OF CRETE...Winston Churchill summed it up...WE WILL NOT SAY THAT GREEKS FIGHT LIKE HEROES,BUT THAT HEROES FIGHT LIKE GREEKS...I would be interested in your assessment of that time. Thank you.

March 27, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  6. jpbil

I got 1 right. I think i did pretty good..

March 27, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  7. Daniel

I had to be lucky enough to get 4 right.

March 27, 2011 at 11:17 pm |
  8. teepee

white students cheating on the SAT. white chess player cheating at chess...that is pretty much consistent with white history...

March 28, 2011 at 5:36 am |
  9. teepee

Seems like the whites can't get ahead anymore without cheating others in order to do so.

March 28, 2011 at 5:37 am |
  10. daliya robson

Hi Fareed, I have some questions you can ask and talk about
    Would eduction for poptlation control and distrubution of condomss and more education d help the poverty and ingnorance problem in the world .What if the same education be done in usa. If somone is on welfare or chronically ill with a disease that will keep them from educating and feeding off spring should they volunter to be sterilized so there are less ill uneducated hungry people for usa to look after. Sounds a bit harsh but if we want to have less people on welfare and less on goverment medical care we could cut costs to usa if people on welfare permanently wouldl volunteer to let lack of ability to learn or earn end with them and not bring 5 more people inot the world. daliya

April 2, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
  11. Jim

I want to print the questions and answers for a current events discussion group. I there a method to do this. I could make my own MS Word documnet.

April 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
  12. Roger Krueger

The chess question is very misleading–text messages were used to relay moves from a remote computer operator to the team captain, but no one is saying that link in the chain was illegal in itself. It's only notable in that it was the "smoking gun" that led officials to the full story.

The moves were illegally relayed from the captain to the player using which games he observed. (I stand behind this player it's the a-file, that player the b-file, etc. when I move on then this player is the 1st rank, that player is the 2nd rank, etc.)

He didn't even relay full moves, just the destination square–the recipient of the illegal aid (Sebastian Feller) is a legitimate grandmaster and it was assumed he could figure out which piece it made sense to move to the indicated square.

April 25, 2011 at 7:33 am |
  13. _aleph_

Huh? What test? When is it due?

April 25, 2011 at 7:45 am |
  14. markw707

There is supposed to be an Indepedence Day quiz here, but I don't see it anywhere. Therefore I will never watch this show again.

July 3, 2011 at 11:02 am |
  15. Liz Style

Please list today's book on Iran.

December 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm |