November 15th, 2014

Jon Stewart discusses Iran's government

Fareed speaks with Jon Stewart about Iran's government and the new movie 'Rosewater'. Watch the full interview this Sunday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET on CNN.

So you guys spent a lot of time thinking about this country, this regime. Jon, what do you think? We're in these negotiations with Iran. What do you think of the Iranian regime?

I can't presume to get ahead of it. I can tell you what I think of it in the context of this story.

I think that they have a certainty of the truth. I think they understand how to retain their power base and that they believe that this type of activity is within their self-interest. But that it is a relatively shortsighted kind of an approach to holding onto power.

And I think this is about carving out space for people in that country to have more expression.

Post by:
Topics: GPS Show

1. chri§§y

Whos next? Martha Stewart? Lmao

November 15, 2014 at 2:56 pm |
  2. cyrus cohen

Iranian corrupt terrorist regime is worse than cancer . must go.

November 15, 2014 at 4:30 pm |
  3. cyrus cohen

Jon stewart / Maziar Bahari and Garcoa are true wonderful human beings. I thank their braveries

November 15, 2014 at 4:32 pm |
  4. cyrus cohen

Jon stewart / Maziar Bahari and Garcia are true wonderful human beings. I thank their braveries

November 15, 2014 at 4:33 pm |
  5. cyrus cohen

Mr Bahari and Mr stewart are true honest journalists against corrupt regimes and media

November 15, 2014 at 4:34 pm |
  6. cyrus cohen

I can't wait to see Rosewater film even is sad

November 15, 2014 at 4:35 pm |
  7. v c krishnamurthy

The creative duo have tried to tackle a sensitive aspect of an authoritarian state.Earlier,it was the preserve of novelists like Dostoevsky and Arthur Koestler.The latter's classic ' Darkness at Noon ' is an essay on interrogation techniques not involving hard torture.It was instrumental in turning many Jewish intellectuals away from Soviet Communism.It also turned Rubashov and Gletkin into archetypes..Interrogation based on water-boarding as practised at Gitmo is related to North Korean interrogation techniques practised on American PoWs at the time of the Korean War.However,there is no end in sight to this obnoxious practice

November 19, 2014 at 6:32 am |
  8. Eugenio Mysliwiec

Nice post, I wonder when crosby will be back. He has been injured for so long now.

December 20, 2020 at 7:18 pm |
  9. Brandee Claytor

What i don't realize is in truth how you are no longer really a lot more neatly-liked than you may be now. You are so intelligent. You already know therefore significantly on the subject of this topic, produced me personally believe it from numerous various angles. Its like men and women are not fascinated unless it's one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs great. Always handle it up!

January 11, 2021 at 2:25 am |